Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whisker bisuit

Old 08-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Spike

Default whisker bisuit

Well i broke my bodoodle because of a dumb@#$ mistake which i will not go into, but i was at Wally World and seen the original whisker bicuit for 32.00 so i bought it and brought it home and set it up on my bow. Now i suck at setting up a rest but within 25 minutes i had it shooting just like the bodoodle did set up by the pro shop, i love just about everything about this rest except if you have one little thing wrong with your feathers it eats them.So my question is which is better feathers or vanes and can the biscuit be trimmed w/out taking it back off the bow and how do you trim yours. This rest is every bit as accurate as the bodoodle and a little quieter to boot, plus it hols the arrow on the bow alot better.What about cutting slots for the fletching to pass through, can that be done? thanks, DEAN
Old 08-24-2003, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: whisker bisuit

i have trimmed the both sides and cut notches for the vanes. i shoot great with it and dont tear up vanes any longer. if you do a search you can probably pull up a bunch of info about it.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:30 PM

Default RE: whisker bisuit

ORIGINAL: dbowling

What about cutting slots for the fletching to pass through, can that be done? thanks, DEAN
The real beauty of the Whisker is that you don' t need to worry about fletching unevenly contacting the rest and deflecting your arrow if your nock is turned a little wrong. if you start butchering it you might as well buy a 3 prong isolation rest, and fiddle with it until you remove fletching contact. add a little extra glue to your fletching and hopefully you don' t have to mess with them much.

But as was said, lot' s of info on the biscuit in previous posts.
Old 08-24-2003, 09:50 PM

Default Whisker Biscuit Surgery

I would recommend loosening the two little allen screws that hold the biscuit to the windage bracket and removing the biscuit to do the procedure. Just pick up a few bristles at a time and work your way evenly around the circumfrence of the biscuit. You can note your progress by occasionally dropping an arrow vertically down through the biscuit and seeing how far the fletching falls through the biscuit. When you can look at the edge of the biscuit and you don' t see any bristles stop! If you drop the arrow at this point you will realize how little resistance this rest really has while still keeping its reliability. The Carolina Archery Products website does recomend putting a drop of adhesive on the front and rear of each fletch, thats good advice. Good luck hunting!
Old 08-24-2003, 10:09 PM

Default Feathers or Vanes for the Whisker Biscuit

The soft rubbery kind of vanes are horrible with the biscuit don' t use them! Use the harder shiny kind of vanes from Bohning or Norway Duravanes. Feathers work well with the biscuit, so do Turbonocks. What is more important is to make sure you have the correct spine arrows for your bow. Underspined arrows will bend and flex as they go through the rest and that will raise hell with your groups and your fletching. Good luck hunting!