Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sleeping BEFORE a hunt >

Sleeping BEFORE a hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sleeping BEFORE a hunt

Old 08-23-2003, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sleeping BEFORE a hunt

It' s a fairly common problem. You' re hunting the next day and, for many guys, going to bed hours earlier than your body is expecting. With the excitement, the anticipation, and the unusual bedtime, how do you get to sleep?
Old 08-23-2003, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sleeping BEFORE a hunt

i usually don' t , if i do it' s a very light sleep......i' m always afraid i' ll over sleep and miss my hunt......
Old 08-23-2003, 09:13 AM
Dominant Buck

I do it A$$$$$$$ backward. I don' t sleep. I normally go to bed at 11:00-11:30. When I' m going hunting something always keeps me up, like last night. I finally got to bed at 12:00. Woke at 1:00 and ate some cereal. Went back to bed at 1:30. Got up at 4:15 and went hunting. ALWAYS happens. Just burns me out and I come home and sleep. If it' s a trip away and I plan to leave at 6 AM to drive there... I can usually plan on waking at 3AM and not being able to sleep. SO I get up and leave early. It just never works out that I get to bed early or get any sleep. I don' t care if I' ve hunted for 50 or 60 days already... I don' t get sleep.
Old 08-23-2003, 09:55 AM

I remember my first real deer hunt. I didnt get to sleep at ALL! I layed in bed lookin at the little lights on the cealing that werent even on untill the alarm went off and my dad got up. Got a deer, but all the adrenaline had me so hyper and awake that there was no way i was going to sleep. Its easy to sleep now, just party hardy the night before and then your tired when you get home, get about 4 hours sleep, go huntin, then if you can, take a nap that afternoon, then do it all over. lol. As you can tell im a teen. lol.
Another thing that is wierd to me is people sleeping on stand. My uncle does this during turkey season when we get there an hour before time. When the birds start gobblin, he wakes up like nothing. Theres no way i could sleep in the woods.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:31 AM

Just got in from the morning moose hunt. Didn' t sleep a wink last night. The combination of the excitement of my first hunt with my 7 y.o. son, and the anticipation of getting a bow on Ebay that I really wanted, pretty much left me without a wink.

No moose this morning, but the boy and I spent a wonderful few hours watching the beavers, swans, and a couple eagles. That' s what it' s all about.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:40 AM

I usually find it pretty tough to get any sleep the night before a morning hunt.
Old 08-23-2003, 04:56 PM
Spike

What sleep???
Old 08-23-2003, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

I always camp within walking or short drive distance fropm the area where I' m hunting so my only problem is the night before I leave for camp which is in 13 days. I will cat nap off and on all day before. It is a useless waste of time to try to get to bed and back up at 3:00 am so I don' t[]
Old 08-23-2003, 09:06 PM

Where we elk hunt we are very lucky to hike back into camp before 9:00pm. sleep maybe 4 hours and back up for the next hunt. Thats what its all about isnt it? when we are into the elk all I hear in my sleep are the bugles in my head.
Old 08-23-2003, 09:23 PM

I don' t sleep much the day before the season opens. I mostly dream alot about the up coming days events I expect to happen. Because of the dreaming the sleep is a restless one at best.

Quick Reply: Sleeping BEFORE a hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.