Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Camo Question

Old 02-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Spike

Default Camo Question

Needing to buy some new camo old stuff is faded and just worn out i am thinking about buying asat camo and was wanting to get some feedback on what you think about it pro and cons on this. i wanted to buy something local and people like it can you guys help

thanks
Old 02-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

I like predator camo out here. Similar to the asat but with more color options. I wear green early bow season and brown later on.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default There's quite a different choice

I watch combat film and I gauge the age by the different type of camo worn.
As for commercial, most was popular with hunters, and not necessarily deer or other wild things.

If it looks like a blob at 50 feet, it should look like a blob to deer at 100 yards.
I've seen some good camo, that you would not be caught wearing at a mall or picking up a daughter at school. Some effective camo is real ugly.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Bartender

I've had good success with www.ultimatecamo.com and the prices are dang good.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

There is a guy that belongs to our camp and he swears by ASAT camo. He has the brown and he tells of deer that have walked right up and/or past him without seeing him.
I believe it is also a good pattern but never owned any myself. I do have some of the original Predator (green) which I used.
But, my honest opinion, anything that breaks up your outline and you remain motionless will keep you undetected to a deer. Turkey, well that's another story.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

With those dang keen eyed turkeys, even your underwear better be camo.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

Jg, if you do decide to go with asat, I know that wholesale sports in Bozeman carries it as well as some predator.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Spike

ok cool yeah still looking right now not set on anything go to head home and see what i have down there its been awhile since i broke any of that stuff out then hoping to make a decision on that stuff
Old 02-25-2012, 01:01 AM
Typical Buck

ASAT, Predator, Optifade and the pattern by Kuiu are all good. I would really look at that the Kuiu line, great stuff.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

I like my camo but don't get held up on certain patterns. Anything that will breakup your outline will work just fine.

I agree on the blob comment. However if there is alot of solid green around you and your wearing brand x camo you will still be the blob. Wear what fits in, but movement is far more important than camo.

Many deer has been taken with red plaid jacket and blue jeans.