Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
muzzy performance >

muzzy performance

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

muzzy performance

Old 11-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

That shot looks a bit high to have hit the heart. Double lung hits are usually fatal within <100 yds. And that appears to be what you had. The muzzy 100 gr 3 blade is an excellent head and I used them for years, as is the Slick Tricks. I've never heard anything about the 75 grainers. I use Magnus Stinger 100 gr 4 blade for the past 5 years and have yet to have a deer go out of sight before expiring. I hit a buck on Tuesday and cut both arteries off the top of the heart. The blood was instantaneous and poured out like a spigot. He only went about 40 yds.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

Hmmmmm double lung hit .... no way for lungs to inflate , to blow out blood ... hit heart or near heart ... pump cant pump blood out ... more blood in than out ... no brainer.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the 125 grain Muzzy's for quite a few years because I liked the higher FOC. However, finding replacement blades for them around here is hard since everyone uses the 100 grain, so that's what the stores carry. I made the switch 2 years ago and have had excellent results - 2 big does and 2 very large bucks with them this year and none went over 60 yards. I did see a slightly better blood trail with the 125's because of the wider cutting surface, but the trails have all been fairly easy to follow with the 100's.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

I have been using Muzzy s for over 10 years and they work well shoot straight and are durable I used the same mx 4 on 3 does and 1 buck this year just replace the blades and it was good to go . The buck i shot last week was a mature 200 pound buck my Muzzy passed thru slight quatering and he ran around 100 yard only because he was still hot on the heels of the hot doe in front of him
Attached Thumbnails muzzy performance-110311112242.jpg