Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
NAP Blood Runner Broadheads >

NAP Blood Runner Broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NAP Blood Runner Broadheads

Old 10-14-2011, 05:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default NAP Blood Runner Broadheads

Anyone used these or heard of anyone who has? I think they look like a good idea and "so they say" they shoot like field points? I started using rage last year and havent shot anything with them yet, but I am skeptical and I dont like that.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

Ive always used NAP spitfires. I am using the Spitfire Edge this year and they are great. I shot an 8pt at 45 yards and broke the opposite shoulder. Buck only ran about 40 yards. Blades completely intact after. Love them!
Old 10-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

there junk unless ur shooting 70 pounds or more when they hit a deer with any less they open and just stop
Old 10-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot them and think they are pretty good. Just shot a Doe the other night and it only went about 25 yards. Just like anything else, if you make a good shot they will do everything you want. Just shoot something that you like and have confidence in and practice practice practice. I would reccommend them.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

I dropped a doe IN ITS TRACKS last week with a NAP Spitfire (crossbow). Blew out the lungs and took out the opposite shoulder. Dropped right there and quickly bled out.

When I skinned her out there was more damage than a rifle shot.

Nasty.

Are they better than other broadheads? I don't know. I bought these early on and they've been great for me so far. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I have taken several deer with them and they do quite a job. I have complete confidence in them and they've worked great for me.

I always sacrifice one of these heads at the target range, though. I want to make double sure I'm sighted in using exactly what I do in the field. A lot of folks will tell you that mechanicals will shoot about the same as field tips--and that probably is true...but again (for me) it adds to my confidence to know my bow is zeroed in on the practice range with the exact same bolt and the exact same broadhead I'll use in the field.

Last edited by Michlw39; 10-17-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

I bought some but sent them back. I like the design behind them but I think the spring is a little too stiff and didn't like the idea that they would close back if the tip was not making contact.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Spike

i shot a small doe the first day of early season, at a little over 20 yards with one, my bow is shooting about 63-64 pounds,and i was a little far forward on the shot, it smashed through the left shoulder blade and plowed through the right, just piercing the hide on the exit side. Went about 70 yards and was dead when i walked up on it a few minutes later. The blades are still in tack, and with a quick sharpen it was back in my quiver.