Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Anyone hunt on a military base? >

Anyone hunt on a military base?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone hunt on a military base?

Old 10-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Spike

Default Anyone hunt on a military base?

Im a die hard bowhunter and will always be that but i hunt on cherry point marine air base and its getting rediculous with gun hunters shooting everything that moves and all the bow hunters i see go out have no idea what scent control even is. Its getting really hard to stay positive when i find all my stands are being sat in by other hunters there was even a half drank beer in one of my stands. The buck i was chasin was very visible during daylight after opening weekend hes turned into a ghost and no more pictures have been seen of him. Just wondering if its like this on other military bases.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Spike

I hunt on Fort Chaffee here in Arkansas. The hunting is decent and it is convenient to my house. Its hard to hunt though because it gets crowded and you cant leave anything out there. You have to pack everything in when you go or it will be stolen. They also close it down alot for training purposes. I'm not lucky enough to have access to private land so I guess it will have to do for now.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Back when the Navy regulated hunting on the JPG, it was some of the finest in the country.

When the IDNR took over it slid into mediocrity.