Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Lone Wolf Climber straps making noise(not sure if right place. o well) >

Lone Wolf Climber straps making noise(not sure if right place. o well)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf Climber straps making noise(not sure if right place. o well)

Old 10-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Spike

Default Lone Wolf Climber straps making noise(not sure if right place. o well)

So I noticed today that my Lone Wolf climber from 08( not the sit and climb) makes noise. When I am sitting on it, and I stand up, the straps that go around the tree make a squeaking type noise, or even a creaking noise.

Now I know its not a huge deal, as its not really loud enough to spook game(i dont think at least), but anybody have this problem, and anyone know of a solution for it?

Thanks in Advance
Old 10-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are your cinch straps tight that connect the top of the stand to the platform? Keep a little weight on the platform whil stitting make sure you pull them tight so when you stand up the seat stays down tight. Other than that something may be worn and need inspection or replacement, those stands should not make any noise at all.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default hand climber noise

You are probably "cinching" your straps (between seat and platform) a touch too tight when sitting in the tree. I doubt the straps that go around the tree are making noise because they are poly. As far as not spooking game, I've had a limb "creek" when going to full draw and the buck looked right at me...causing me to lose my shot. Figure it out and fix it.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I doubt it's the straps. I tighten might giving it everything I've got and they're noise free.I think you may want to examine (and possibly lubricate) the hinge between the platform and the part that goes against the tree. That part creaked a bit when I first got mine, but a scent free lube solved the dilemma.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

where the strap contacts the stand its worn the finish smooth.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:36 AM
Fork Horn

ANy chance you could post a picture? I would like to prevent this from happening to me if at all possible.