Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
had a little fun w/another hunter this weekend. >

had a little fun w/another hunter this weekend.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

had a little fun w/another hunter this weekend.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default had a little fun w/another hunter this weekend.

Opening morning in IL I was sitting in my stand on a tree line that faces west over looking a cut corn field with timber about 15yrds to the south of me and another cut field right behind me on this tree line.
At about 8am four Doe's come walking across the field from the north about 70yrds out and headed into the timber. 10 minutes later they come running out tails up on high alert. I was thinking to myself there must be another hunter in the woods. well sure enough about 5 minutes go by and here comes this young guy creeping out of the woods working his way down the timber line trying to go stalk these doe's. He finally gets to the tree line I am sitting 20ft high in and walks out behind me in the field about 10 yards away from my stand.
I am the only person who has permission to be on that land so I tried to whistle at the guy and he started looking around and still had no clue I was there. So since my hunt wasn't really going anywhere I decided to have a little fun. I pulled out my fawn bleet and started calling to him. Immediately the guy hunkers down and starts looking around for this "deer" that her hears. I carried this on for about 10 minutes and finally got bored so I just spoke to him and it scared the crap out of him. This poor guy needs to look up every once in a while cause he had no idea I was there. he was very apologetic to me for walking in on me and he said he was just walking onto the field to see if the doe's were still in the area.
I told him no big deal but he needed to be mindful next time that hunters can be anywhere and if he doesn't know if other people could be hunting an area around him then he needs to stay out of that area. I just thought it was a funny story. Looking back I am glad he took it ok and didn't try to shoot me or anything.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

lol i done something similar to 3 guys on dirtbikes before..started grunting as they stopped to rest from riding
Old 10-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

"which way did he george, which way did he go". Sorry, i couldnt help myself lmao
Old 10-05-2011, 12:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Twenty some years ago my brother had something similiar happen on one of our farms...The guy started chewing my brother out for hunting on "his" land...Sad thing is, I played football with this fellow back in the 70s, probably would have let him hunt with us if he had of had the courtesy to ask...