Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Mathews Q2 Opinions??? >

Mathews Q2 Opinions???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews Q2 Opinions???

Old 09-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default Mathews Q2 Opinions???

What's up guys. I've been deer hunting for about 5 years now with a rifle and am looking to get into bow hunting this year so that I can extend my season a few months. I've come across a local guy selling his Mathews Q2 29"/70# (Set at 65#) bow.

From the ad: "It is set up to hunt complete with a stabilizer, quick detach quiver, drop away rest, Tru Glo pin sight, string muffs and a peep sight. I purchased the bow in 2005 at over $1000 set up as it is now."

He's asking $325 for it but I'm sure I could talk him down a little as he says best cash offer. I'm just wondering what you guys think about this bow and price since I'm pretty new to the bowhunting scene. From reading up on it, it sounds pretty solid, especially to get me started with bow hunting. Thanks in advance for the replies.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:01 AM
Spike

Great Bow. I have had mine for years. Mine has been all over the country getting knocked around and it has never let me down. The price is right for just the bow itself. If you get it take it to a Mathews dealer and have it set up for "YOU". This is key for your success. Not every bow shop knows Mathews bows. The Q2's can get a little out of timing once the cables stretch. They will only do this once. The new cables stretch a little during break in. If the owner never had the timing checked again it could be a little off. No big deal. Just a minor adjustment for the pro shop. Again a great hard hitting bow. Good luck.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

Great bow! I shot a q2 for 7 years before i bought my z7 last year. You are getting a good deal. Go for it.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the help guys. I think I'm going to go for it. I thought it seemed like a good deal but being new to bowhunting I just needed to hear it from someone that knew more than me I guess. Can't wait to get up in the tree with this thing. Thanks again.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had one since 2002 and it's a very good bow. I just put a new custom grip on her this year so I think its ready for several more years. It has 65% letoff so its not like the 75 and 80% most have now but that doesn't bother me at all. I think you'll like it alot.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
I've had one since 2002 and it's a very good bow. I just put a new custom grip on her this year so I think its ready for several more years. It has 65% letoff so its not like the 75 and 80% most have now but that doesn't bother me at all. I think you'll like it alot.
Awesome... I'm really excited to get it. Now I just have to get the guy to contact me back. I'm really hoping it's not already sold.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got rid of my Q2 a month ago and traded it towards a Mathews Drenalin. I had that Q2 since 04 and loved it. Just wanted something newer. Took MANY deer with it as well as a Gold series Catalina Ram and many hogs also. Kinda wish I had kept it.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Spike

Great Bow. I've had mine for going on 8 years. When I purchased it I told myself I wouldn't need anything different. Can't imagine spending money on a new one when this one is so reliable. I'm of the belief "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Over the years I've added new accessories but the Q2 is solid. Hope you get it bought. I don't think you'll regret it.