Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
2 Blade Rage not deploying blades... >

2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...

Old 10-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Happens all the time

Someone can't get expandables to work because of designer complications; some fall out of tree stands not using any safety strap of any kind, thereby greatly expanding the safety concern of hunters; someone hangs themselves on a modern safety harness, which was a previous theoretical impossibility. Some hunters get to do lots of things.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

I used them last year. I had a shot on a doe at about 10 yards and I nailed it. Thank God i hit dead on. The blades never opened. I had a complete pass through and until I found the deer about 2 hours later I had no idea they failed to open.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used rage and Im pretty sure my problem was my arrow's were way to light for them. I hit the ribs on a 1/4 away shot and deflected up into the shoulder. The buck was a brute and acted like it was a deer fly on him and continued on his chase. Then I pounded one in the shoulder blade of a smaller buck and the arrow actually bounced off. The rage cut on contact head was bent 90 degrees over. The blood trail was 1 foot wide but that was because it made a 8 inch cut. I ended up shooting the smaller buck with my rifle and the wound was big. Since then I have bought heavy arrows with slick tricks and haven't lost a deer yet, knock on wood.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
I've used rage and Im pretty sure my problem was my arrow's were way to light for them. I hit the ribs on a 1/4 away shot and deflected up into the shoulder. The buck was a brute and acted like it was a deer fly on him and continued on his chase. Then I pounded one in the shoulder blade of a smaller buck and the arrow actually bounced off. The rage cut on contact head was bent 90 degrees over. The blood trail was 1 foot wide but that was because it made a 8 inch cut. I ended up shooting the smaller buck with my rifle and the wound was big. Since then I have bought heavy arrows with slick tricks and haven't lost a deer yet, knock on wood.

Bounced off???? arrows don't bounce off deer, sorry. You lose all credibility with stories like this. You can say all you want with "you weren't there" but I know arrows don't bounce off deer.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by annika3
Bounced off???? arrows don't bounce off deer, sorry. You lose all credibility with stories like this. You can say all you want with "you weren't there" but I know arrows don't bounce off deer.
ive heard it happen, its not impossible and its not a big deal it happened, if it was quartering away or to you and you hit the shoulder i could easily see the arrowing glancing or bouncing off.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

What an appropriate name when you think about it "RAGE".

That's what staunch supporters do when their product is accused of failing on occasion.
We're all liars if we claim to have had a "RAGE" fail on us.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Typical Buck

I use them, they have worked fine for me. I had a pass through on a doe, pulled it out of the ground, and it wasn't deployed (of course). Hung me up for a moment until I realized pulling it out of the ground caused it to un-deploy. Found the deer within 150 yards -- good blood trail. I find it interesting that some complain of non-deployment, then you hear about premature deployment.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by annika3
Yep your right it never happend. I just like posting statements on this forum because it's what I wanna do all day (sarcasim). I hit the buck right in the shoulder blade at about 30 yards and it bounced off, I made a bad shot and that is what happened. Tip was bent over completely
Old 10-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

If there was a definitively way to prove it one way or the other I would wager some serious cash that 99.9 % of the "it didn't open" stories are utter horse ###t or at the very least there are extenuating circumstances being left out of the story. For example, I encountered one guy online once that complained his mech heads were failing to open. After talking to him for a while it came to light that he had been shooting them into his target over and over again with the same blades and they had eventually started not opening. Well gee, no s### Sherlock.

Some questions to the guys reporting such issues.

Do you check your mech heads to see how easily the blades deploy before you shoot them? Hell, I check fixed heads over thoroughly to see that they are assembled properly and that the blades are sharp before they go in my quiver. I do the same with mech heads with the added step of working the blades. If you can easily open the blades with your fingers then it defies logic that they would fail to open on the target/deer.

Are you aware that a mech head that you shoot through a block style target will slam back shut if the head makes it out the back side of the target due to the deceleration of the arrow slamming to a rapid halt? It will also close when you pull it out of something like the target or the ground.

For those who claim to have lost a deer due to the failure of blades to deploy, if you didn't find the deer then how do you know? Also, a shot through the lungs will kill the hell out of a deer regardless of whether the blades open or not. Collapsed lungs are collapsed lungs irregardless of the shape of the hole.

I am not a huge Rage fan. I think the blades are often too wide for the power level of the average persons bow. But that said, they have some of the easiest deploying blades of any design out there. In fact the knock some people have on them is that they deploy "TOO" easy. Odd to hear people claiming that they don't open at all.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

I shot nice buck last yr and a bear this year on the buck blades were bent but deer was down within sight. Bear was hit a touch back but that 2 inch wound put him down quick both opened flawlessly They come with practice heads why are people shooting heads into targets???????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.