Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
2 Blade Rage not deploying blades... >

2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...

Old 09-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default 2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...

Is anybody having the problem that a few of us have had up here in Mn? Twice now on deer and 3 outta 6 Rage Broadheads on the range have not been deploying the blades. The O ring slides down the arrow shaft like it's supposed to but the blades are not coming out at all. Staying put completely. Anybody else running into this???
Old 09-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

I had the same problem a few years ago when they first came about. I was shooting the 2 blade version, i just threw them all away after i had this problem. I was not about to dink around with them after that. I would feel terrible if i lost an animal due to broadhead failure so i went to fixed blades and never looked back.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

i have used them for 5 years have shot several deer with them and never had a problem with them.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Stone316_74
Is anybody having the problem that a few of us have had up here in Mn? Twice now on deer and 3 outta 6 Rage Broadheads on the range have not been deploying the blades. The O ring slides down the arrow shaft like it's supposed to but the blades are not coming out at all. Staying put completely. Anybody else running into this???
Yeah I had the same problem and I trashed them as well after watching the ballistics tests on youtube. They dont compete with any others, I immediately switched to grim reapers razortips I have killed 2 deer with them and 4 turkeys. I even shot one of the deer in the guts and found it dead 4 or 5 hours later.
I would expect these kind of problems from cheap broadheads but they are the same price as top of the line broadheads??? I just dont get it
Old 09-28-2011, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only time I have had any issue is with bent bleades from shooting into targets, or the ground. With good blades, they just fall open when the o ring isnt holding them
Old 09-28-2011, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Ya I got rid of them today!!! I don't like the thought of possibly losing an animal to broadhead failure. Went back to my trusty NAP Spitfires!!! Have never had a problem with them at all!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL!!! Another dumbass that doesn't realize mechs close when you pull them out of a target!!!

Come on man, test after test has confirmed that Rages will deploy on contact with as little as an orange peel to as hard as a steel drum!

Guys like you that obviously have NO clue about mechs and probably NO clue about any equipment and lack the ability to shoot it well....... have NO business shoot a deployable blade arrowhead.

You should stick with something as simple as your thinking.... like a Thuderhead!
Old 09-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also recommend thunderheads.....not for the reason that the above "gentleman" stated.....but because they work.

no need to start name-calling people for a simple question is there???...unless you have some kind of personality defect, I guess

I used rages for a while, and found them un-remarkable. Enough people have questioned them to make that worth some consideration in my mind.

Last edited by hillbillyhunter1; 09-28-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, no need to be harsh, he was just asking if anyone was having problems.

I've always wanted to give the Rages a try but worried about the same thing. I've heard of some great hunters only having one blade deploy so they have switched back to what they were using before. I have had a bunch of guys swear they are the best, others that have sworn at them.

I'm going to try the Slick Trick Mags this year and see how they work. 2 1/4 inch cutting surface seems like a it would do the trick, plus, I've never shot a 4 blade. Hopefully I'll find out how they work this Saturday. Good Luck to all!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Spike

Yeah I do not like rages I use NAP Blood runners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.