Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
2011 Elk Hunt Wyoming >

2011 Elk Hunt Wyoming

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2011 Elk Hunt Wyoming

Old 09-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 2011 Elk Hunt Wyoming

Was out all last week chasing elk around. Seen a little less this year then in the last couple of years. Could be the full moon all week. Anyway I called this guy in on Tuesday but he was coming in silent and I moved about .5 hours after calling. He busted me as I was moving. I made a big circle around where he was coming from and found two wallows a couple rubs and many bedding areas around a sprin/swamp. Four days later I decided to sit on one of those wallows and wait all evening. Just before 6:00 he came in from behind me and started tearing up a tree for about 5 minutes. Then started heading for the wallow. I had one opening and drew back and waited for him to get there. Had to shoot him while he was walking thru it. 15 yards put it right where it needed to be and he jumped and went about 5 steps stood there and looked around and then tumbled over into the swamp. Pretty amazing being on the ground and that close to a bull rutting it up. Great expirience. That is the exit hole in the pictures. Not sure where the arrow is but I didn't need it. It's out in that tall grassy swamp somewhere.

I left my bow back on the dry ground. First time I seen the slick Trick in action. (Very impressed)

Old 09-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

Thats Awesome man!!!! Im gunna make it up there with you sooner or later. Great shot too!!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! He's a fine trophy...any elk with a bow is awesome!
Old 09-20-2011, 04:47 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats, very nice bull and some great meat to fill your freezer. I love the dark horned ones.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I compared his antlers to the one I shot last year and the one my wife shot last year. He is the darkest of them all and very cool looking. I like it as well. Thanks guys. Jermelott, anytime. My brother put in for the general draw and the odds are 25% so it may take a couple years to draw. However there were left over reduced price cow tags for this area so he just bought one of those online and was able to come up.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Wheatley , nice Bull . I'm still waiting for mine ,hopefully third time lucky next Fall .
Remember to post picture of him mounted on the wall
Old 09-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats thats a new bull. thanks for posting
Old 09-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the nice looking bull. Another successful hunt that you won't ever forget.