HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2011 Elk Hunt Wyoming
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Wheatley
Nontypical Buck

Default 2011 Elk Hunt Wyoming

Was out all last week chasing elk around. Seen a little less this year then in the last couple of years. Could be the full moon all week. Anyway I called this guy in on Tuesday but he was coming in silent and I moved about .5 hours after calling. He busted me as I was moving. I made a big circle around where he was coming from and found two wallows a couple rubs and many bedding areas around a sprin/swamp. Four days later I decided to sit on one of those wallows and wait all evening. Just before 6:00 he came in from behind me and started tearing up a tree for about 5 minutes. Then started heading for the wallow. I had one opening and drew back and waited for him to get there. Had to shoot him while he was walking thru it. 15 yards put it right where it needed to be and he jumped and went about 5 steps stood there and looked around and then tumbled over into the swamp. Pretty amazing being on the ground and that close to a bull rutting it up. Great expirience. That is the exit hole in the pictures. Not sure where the arrow is but I didn't need it. It's out in that tall grassy swamp somewhere.

I left my bow back on the dry ground. First time I seen the slick Trick in action. (Very impressed)