Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New Archery hunter >

New Archery hunter

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Archery hunter

Old 08-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Spike

Default New Archery hunter

Hunting with a crossbow out of a blind. should i open all windows and what to wear? camo or black? Any other help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

Well this is my first year hunting with a bow out of a blind. I'm just going to do the same thing that I do with a gun. I only open the windows from which I think that the deer will be coming from. For me that is the front window and I open a side window slightly. I may have to open them a little more with a bow than normal. If your blind is black on the interior, I'd wear black and sit back away from the window.I make sure that I have enough room to shoot which I've found is a little more difficult with a bow. This is just my opinion though.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

I usually only open 1 or 2 windows, the whole point is to keep it as dark in the blind as possibe. First off try to set your blind so you will shoot north or south so you can keep the sun from shining in in the morning and evening. I usually wear black but i sometimes wear camo and put up the camo shoot through screens. I also try to brush my blind into the cover as much as possible. I have found blind hunting to be very effective after finding out these rules the hard way, so learn from my mistakes and kill the biggin lol. good luck

marty