Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bow Counter Weight Balancers >

Bow Counter Weight Balancers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Counter Weight Balancers

Old 08-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question Bow Counter Weight Balancers

How much does a counter weight balancer help on a hunting bow? Do most people have them on their bows?
Old 08-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

The popularity of counter balance systems has always played a HUGE role on the pro 3D tour and the most accurate shooters in the World. The transition to the bowhunting world has been much slower due to the additional bulk and weight of these systems.

However, there has been a trend towards off sets and counter balancing weights recently that has produced some pretty innovative stabilizer designs. From the actually off set mount of the Stokerized to the vibration damping design of the Doinker DISH that allows you to arrange weights in 1 oz increments around a large perimeter hub.... the effects is an awesome level of controlled balance and the ability to hold the sight pin steadier than anyone thought possible. The latest craze has been a "hammer" configuration that a few companies are offering. Doinker offers the new A-Bar Field that not only allow you to create a stabilizer in a "hammer" configuration to maximize the stabilizers "foot print" but it's even multi adjustable to allow you to shift and counter balance that weight from a "V" to an A" to a "T" configuration that allows you to shoot more accurately than ever before! The stabilizer revolution has begun to sweep into the bowhunting world and many are reporting more acccurate shooting (especially at longer ranges) than they ever thought possible.

The Doinker DISH with off set Stack weights allow you to personalize the stab for the perfect feel for your shooting style

The new Doinker A-BAR Field is unlike any stab you've experienced. It will transition to any angle you could want to off set any weight of accessories, quivers, etc. Long range groups WILL improve. I've never been able to shoot as consistently from 60+ yards as I can with the A-BAR!

While these types of stabilizers are not for everyone, I've allowed several folks whom have been curious at different shoots to try them on their own rigs and fling some arrows. The common reply after the first initial shot has nearly always been the same.... "WOW, I didn't realize what a stabilizer could do!" LOL! More and more folks are realizing that with a little bit more than a chunk of rubber or a few dampeners..... you can actually get a bowhunting accessory that honestly will STABILIZE you bow and your shot.