Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Broadhead Question?? >

Broadhead Question??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadhead Question??

Old 07-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Spike

Default Broadhead Question??

I have a pse firestorm lite with a 55lb. draw weight and I'm shooting 295 fps. I am using rage two blades right now but am nervous about shooting a deer with them. I afraid I might need to switch to fixed blade broadheads. I need your opinions.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

I would probably go with the rage just don't hit the shoulder.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

im a fixed guy..i like 3 sided as well...snuffer is what i use, made by magnus, had the same set fer 5 years...$35 fer 6 of em..i dont even use a target tip, just those fer practice and everything. lay flat on wet sand paper to sharpen...go through the tailgate of my 1995 ford f-150..both sides. go through and through like a hot knife through butter on the hogs chest....(and that plate aint no joke).. deer go about 20 yards, turn around come right back to ya and do a ganor into the brush....DEAD! they make fer good markers too, when they go through, the arrow stands up in the dirt like a flag.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Just curious, can you elaborate what makes you think you may need to switch?

I've shot rage 2 Blades on an old PSE shooting 225fps, and on my current Elite shooting 300+ fps...

If your not confident with them, then Yes, you need to switch. Don't go out with anything you don't have 100% confidence in.