Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy vs. Rage

Old 08-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Obviously the issue is NOT the b-head as the Slick Trick is known throughout the industry as one of THE best flying b-head you could find. As some have mentioned, you MUST tune your rig. If you don't know how to do this then you must seek out the help of your nearest Pro Shop.

Once you get your rig flawlessly tuned, you'll be able to shoot ANY b-head you want to the same point of impact as your fieldpoints.

Also, as some have mentioned..... I don't think a large cutting mech b-head like the Rage would be the best choice for your lower poundage equipment and your lack of experience. Shoot a fixed blade and go for maximum penetration. I think you'll be more pleased with the results.

Good luck this season
Old 08-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Spike

Brunsc first off S%&T happens so just learn from your mistake. after all without failure we wouldn't have success. And as for your rage or muzzy . i would say rage for field point accuracy and Muzzy for Performace. I personally use Grim Reapers and i am going to try 2 blade bloodrunners this year. Good luck with your decision!
Old 08-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Spike

Like some said already, proper tuning and shot placement play a large factor, more so than the broadhead you choose. Either of those broadheads can and will do the job if placed correctly.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Spike

Yeah man, practice, practice and then if the time is right when hunting watch the animal long enough to get those initial jetters calmed down before you set your mind to pull the string back.

But I haven't made the move to mechanicals, I figure worked for centuries, why change it. Do know that your arrows will fly and shoot differently with a broadhead than a field point regardless if your field point weight is the same as your broadhead.

These bashers have never made poor shots, all of their shots have have hit both lungs every time!

I have always shot muzzy 3 blades, may change this year, but have still practiced the same as always. Season gets here I haven't bought anything new, then the muzzy will make another season for me.