Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NAP Spitfires

Old 07-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

That is almost the same exact set up I shoot. With that being said, angle and bone come into play but I very comfortable saying that if its not a complete pass thru, 75% of the arrow will come out the other side and it should fall out when the deer runs. If your convinced you want expandables with your setup, I think Rage would give you the best penetration and odds for a pass thru. Thats just my opinion though. Those pics of the blood trail are the norm on any good hit, pass thru or not. I did make a bad hit with one and blood was horrible, the hole plugged up. I found the deer a few hours later, he only made it 100 yards but I saw the area he last was and stumbled across him so shot placement is still key. With the right angle, you'll get a hole you can almost put your fist thru
Old 07-05-2011, 04:26 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks! If I can get a 75% pass thru then I am happy. As long as I have a blood trail to follow. And from those pics, it should be easy.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by GPMD
Pictures from a 15yd shot at about 1 63# draw compound on a 6pt. The woods looked like a murder scene, there was a 50 yards trail thru the woods that looked like this, I can't believe he made it that far
That's impressive! I love my rage broadheads the one's I've shot with them the blood trail was SIMPLY amazing.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

I never take pics of blood or anything like that but this trail was so amazing, i walked back with my camera that afternoon to take those pics to show my dad. Trees and ground were sprayed like that on both sides, from entrance and exit holes. Its really weird because out of my 6 "Rage" deer, that one made it the furthest, deer are tough dang animals!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Spitfires are quality b-heads..... no one can dispute that. Several of the nations top trophies have been killed by these very b-heads.... including the ALL TIME #1 Non-typ Whitetail!!!