Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Calling All Muzzy Shooters >

Calling All Muzzy Shooters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Calling All Muzzy Shooters

Old 07-30-2003, 09:56 AM

Default Calling All Muzzy Shooters

I have decided to give fixed blade heads a try after using mechanicals and have decided on Muzzy' s. I am going to be shooting a 100 grain head, the question I have is what are the advantages and or disadvantages between the 3 blade and the 4 blade versions. In other words tell me why you use the 3 blade version or the 4 blade version. Do you have more problems getting the 4 blades to tune over the 3 blade versions because of the extra blade?
Old 07-30-2003, 10:04 AM

Default RE: Calling All Muzzy Shooters

have decided on Muzzy' s
Im so proud of you.[:-][:-][:-][&:]

Good choice, I dont think you will be dissappointed.

The difference , to me, between a 3 blade and a 4 blade is one less cutting edge on the three blade. The four blades fly just as well and I cant think of any other reason besides personal preference.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:09 AM

Every one I talk to says the 4 blade actually flies better.I have not had a problem getting good flight with the 3 blade.You just need some offset on your fletch.The 3 blade is wider,but less blade surface area(cutting).

CB

Old 07-30-2003, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

i just got muzzy 3 blades like last week... and i think my accuracy got better than when i shot field points... don' t know what the diff is but all i can tell u is the practice blades go all the way through my target (black hole) and they are just flat...theres no way they cut it...if anything the hinder it more than help it when shooting at the taget and for some reason they go farther than my field points[:-]
Old 07-30-2003, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

There are goods and bads about the four blade. I prefer the four blade. There is more cutting area on it. I think they fly just as well as the 3 blade. You have to remember......more cutting are will equal less penetration. I use a 125 grain for two reasons...I prefer the 4 blade and I want the penetration and I actually shoot better with the 125 grain.

Fact is, on a good shot, either head works.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:28 AM

I have already bought a 3 pack of the 100 grain 3 blade heads and was thinking of just getting a 4 blade pack to compare them. I have a substantial helical on the feathers of my arrows so as for the steering ability I think i' m o.k. I do understand the 4 blade may cause me to have less penetration due to the additional cutting surface, but on the other hand you could get a better blood trail with 4 blades versus 3 blades. Heck maybe I' m splitting hairs here. I guess basically what it will come down to is which one tunes best out of my setup. Would you guys be more willing to sacrifice penetration in using the 4 blade or would you rather sacrifice not having that extra wound channel with the 3 blade?
Old 07-30-2003, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

I haven' t noticed any problems with penetration with my 4 blades. I killed 3 last year with the 4 blades and they all died within 50 yards. All pass-throughs. The blood trails were unreal. The trails looked like someone had spilled buckets of paint in the woods. Personally, I don' t think you will have any problems not matter which you pick, the 3 or the 4. I personally shoot the 4 because it shoots better out of my bow.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:18 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-30-2003, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

I' ve never noticed a difference in flight between the 4 blade or 3 blade, but there is a difference in how they are put together. With the three blades, the way the three blades interlock together, it basically creates a solid ferrule. With the four blade, that' s not the case. I' ve never done any type of test, so I don' t know if they perform any differently. I just feel better with the three blade.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:39 PM

I have been shooting the four blade for a couple years now and think that they fly very true. I am sure that you will be very pleased with the four blade 100 gr..Practice Practice Practice and be SAFE!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Calling All Muzzy Shooters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.