Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Looking for land to hunt/outfiter for cheap for this years bow season >

Looking for land to hunt/outfiter for cheap for this years bow season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for land to hunt/outfiter for cheap for this years bow season

Old 03-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Spike

Default Looking for land to hunt/outfiter for cheap for this years bow season

I am looking for a good property or a good outfitter for around 500-800 for a father son hunt maybe a five day thing with lodgeing and such. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Either in Illinois,Wisconsin,Iowa,Kansas,Michigan
Thank you
Old 03-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 189wrestler4life
I am looking for a good property or a good outfitter for around 500-800 for a father son hunt maybe a five day thing with lodgeing and such. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Either in Illinois,Wisconsin,Iowa,Kansas,Michigan
Thank you
I don't think you will find a 5 day outfitted hunt with lodging for $500-$800. That's about the cost of a hotel for a week. What you need to do is order a walk-in hunting map for Kansas and start searching for a good spot. There is a ton of it, its basically public land for hunting except not many people hunt it. You may not be 100% successful, but I can assure you that if you go early (September 19-Pheasant season opener) you will see just as many big bucks as you would on private land. I do it every year and have seen multiple bucks over 160", including 2 I believe were over 175" typical and one over 215" that I shot in 2007.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by gbrownlee
I don't think you will find a 5 day outfitted hunt with lodging for $500-$800. That's about the cost of a hotel for a week. What you need to do is order a walk-in hunting map for Kansas and start searching for a good spot. There is a ton of it, its basically public land for hunting except not many people hunt it. You may not be 100% successful, but I can assure you that if you go early (September 19-Pheasant season opener) you will see just as many big bucks as you would on private land. I do it every year and have seen multiple bucks over 160", including 2 I believe were over 175" typical and one over 215" that I shot in 2007.
where do i go to order that map? and can you point me in some good spots? And i was saying for 500-800 per person but that is kind of low.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Typical Buck

I have the GPS coordinates of my stand on little-known public land in Kansas where I've seen 160'' deer nearly every outing. When I get home I'll pull out my GPS and post those coordinates for you.

Be sure and let me know when you kill one so I can field dress it for you. Want to borrow my truck and bow?
Old 03-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
I have the GPS coordinates of my stand on little-known public land in Kansas where I've seen 160'' deer nearly every outing. When I get home I'll pull out my GPS and post those coordinates for you.

Be sure and let me know when you kill one so I can field dress it for you. Want to borrow my truck and bow?
I just need to know how to get a map for kansas! i dont need a bow or anything thank you anyways.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by gbrownlee
Where can i find a map like that?