HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Looking for land to hunt/outfiter for cheap for this years bow season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/341219-looking-land-hunt-outfiter-cheap-years-bow-season.html)

189wrestler4life 03-01-2011 07:32 PM

Looking for land to hunt/outfiter for cheap for this years bow season

I am looking for a good property or a good outfitter for around 500-800 for a father son hunt maybe a five day thing with lodgeing and such. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Either in Illinois,Wisconsin,Iowa,Kansas,Michigan
Thank you

gbrownlee 03-02-2011 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by 189wrestler4life (Post 3780637)
I am looking for a good property or a good outfitter for around 500-800 for a father son hunt maybe a five day thing with lodgeing and such. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Either in Illinois,Wisconsin,Iowa,Kansas,Michigan
Thank you

I don't think you will find a 5 day outfitted hunt with lodging for $500-$800. That's about the cost of a hotel for a week. What you need to do is order a walk-in hunting map for Kansas and start searching for a good spot. There is a ton of it, its basically public land for hunting except not many people hunt it. You may not be 100% successful, but I can assure you that if you go early (September 19-Pheasant season opener) you will see just as many big bucks as you would on private land. I do it every year and have seen multiple bucks over 160", including 2 I believe were over 175" typical and one over 215" that I shot in 2007.

189wrestler4life 03-02-2011 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by gbrownlee (Post 3780777)
I don't think you will find a 5 day outfitted hunt with lodging for $500-$800. That's about the cost of a hotel for a week. What you need to do is order a walk-in hunting map for Kansas and start searching for a good spot. There is a ton of it, its basically public land for hunting except not many people hunt it. You may not be 100% successful, but I can assure you that if you go early (September 19-Pheasant season opener) you will see just as many big bucks as you would on private land. I do it every year and have seen multiple bucks over 160", including 2 I believe were over 175" typical and one over 215" that I shot in 2007.

where do i go to order that map? and can you point me in some good spots? And i was saying for 500-800 per person but that is kind of low.

Stonewall308 03-02-2011 12:58 PM

I have the GPS coordinates of my stand on little-known public land in Kansas where I've seen 160'' deer nearly every outing. When I get home I'll pull out my GPS and post those coordinates for you.

Be sure and let me know when you kill one so I can field dress it for you. Want to borrow my truck and bow?

189wrestler4life 03-02-2011 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Stonewall308 (Post 3780914)
I have the GPS coordinates of my stand on little-known public land in Kansas where I've seen 160'' deer nearly every outing. When I get home I'll pull out my GPS and post those coordinates for you.

Be sure and let me know when you kill one so I can field dress it for you. Want to borrow my truck and bow?

I just need to know how to get a map for kansas! i dont need a bow or anything thank you anyways.

189wrestler4life 03-03-2011 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by gbrownlee (Post 3780777)

Where can i find a map like that?