Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 07-25-2003, 05:41 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-25-2003, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: crossbow hunting question

Yeah I do, stick with your bow!
Old 07-25-2003, 07:40 AM

Here ya go BB
www.excaliburcrossbow.com Great bows! Very popular here in Canada for Archery Moose
AL
Old 07-25-2003, 08:08 AM

Anybody have any good crossbow information as too good brands and models and arrow information and so forth?
NOPE
Old 07-25-2003, 08:15 AM
Typical Buck

Horton makes some good crossbows but I believe the best are Tenpoint. http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com You should check out their Stealth model. But like a good rifle, shotgun, or compound, they aren' t cheap. I' ve done some testing with a Stealth and have the most experience with it. Be advised, crossbows are not what most people believe. First, they are extremely noisy. Sounds like dry firing your compound when one goes off. And next, don' t believe you can easily take deer out to 100 yards. And finally, yup, they are extremely accurate within normal bow ranges. Hope this information helps. You can check out the Tenpoint Stealth in either Bass Pro Shops or Cabela' s Archery Catalogs.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:32 AM
Dominant Buck

From experience only you can decide what is right for you . Like bows and guns , all crossbows are individuals . You' ll have to find a dealer with a range or other place to shoot a few before deciding what' s best for your needs . Or you could seek out folks near you who have one and will let you try it out , some of them may be members here . Caveat emptor , you definitely get what you pay for with a crossbow , buy the best one you can afford when you make your final selection . They have pluses and minuses like any other tool , and compared to a compound or stick bow they have more minuses . Noise , no let off(Easy there Rack) , less KE , weight , etc. Your biggest obstacle , as you can see above , is acceptance from traditional archers . My advice : The tool is legal where you live , use it if you want to . Above all else , try as many as you can before deciding whether or not you want one , they aren' t as " easy" as some would have you believe . If you do buy one then welcome to a small but growing community , you' ll find us to be an open minded and very helpful bunch . E-mail if you' d like more details .
Old 07-25-2003, 01:46 PM

The guys around here have been using them for years and Excalibur is the brand they judge all others against.
Old 07-25-2003, 04:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-25-2003, 07:27 PM

Noise won' t matter after damn thing is cocked during stalking wouldn' t you agree??? Unless I' m hunting Bambi the super deer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noise can be a huge factor - deer don' t have to be " super deer" to jump the string on any compound or cccccrrrrrrroooosssss bobobobbbboob...............the other thing - you have to know your weapons limitations.

And to set the record straight - I never, never liked Billy Idol
Old 07-25-2003, 09:31 PM

I shoot a Barnett Quad 300.love it.
alum. arrows ; spitfire mechinals.

I have to shoot a xbow or stay home ; so I chose to go to the woods!![:-].

you get what you pay for.don' t go cheap to try them.you will just be wasting your money.buy what you want to start with.JMHO

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.