Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Dont know if it matters or not but.... >

Dont know if it matters or not but....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dont know if it matters or not but....

Old 12-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Dont know if it matters or not but....

When you guys post ground you hunt what do you want the sign to say.
No Tresspassing
No Hunting
Private Property......etc etc etc,

It probably doesnt matter but I was wondering what the best route to go is.
Just trying to keep honest people honest...lol
Old 12-29-2010, 05:01 AM
Spike

I think in nys they have regulation on how you have to post property for it to be legally posted. the sign have to be a certain distance and i believe a name adress and phone have to be on sign as well.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah i know a lot of states have that law about it has to be posted in order to say someone is tresspassing. If you have a problem with tresspassers my advice is to take a ladder and post it at least 8 feet up in a tree, we posted property before and people didnt like it so they ripped them down, they cant reach them now..
Old 12-29-2010, 07:54 AM
bigcountry

First. a proper survey is in order. You won't believe how many people swear up and down land is thiers over the years, and it is not. And posting land that is not yours can make you liable.

I have had it happen. And I have also made mistakes on this.

Second, a blue stripe in MD on trees close to the border is made at eye hieght. Second, just signs will will be good enough.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

When I post properties, I have it signed, "XYZ Hunt Club" than the owner's name. I think it helps put fear in trespassers' hearts...

-fsh
Old 12-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
First. a proper survey is in order. You won't believe how many people swear up and down land is thiers over the years, and it is not. And posting land that is not yours can make you liable.

I have had it happen. And I have also made mistakes on this.

Second, a blue stripe in MD on trees close to the border is made at eye hieght. Second, just signs will will be good enough.
lol...yeah Im not going to pay for a survey before I post land Im sure of the boundries.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

What? You don't want to spend thousands on a Survey! LOL!! Don't think I blame Ya!

Dan

Originally Posted by 125py
lol...yeah Im not going to pay for a survey before I post land Im sure of the boundries.