Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
later season baiting >

later season baiting

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

later season baiting

Old 12-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Spike

Default later season baiting

has any one had a big buck come to a corn pile late in the season during shooting light.

Also other baits the work good late season
Old 12-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

I just got back from checking a bait pile cam, notice the times.

This is really my first experience with a bait pile and camera, but if young bucks come at night, well...

Old 12-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Spike

I started using corn feeders & bait sights last year! I have 4 moultrie feeders hung i trees & 4 more bait sights! its just a lot of fun for me & I see deer every sit! i need to thin the doe population anyway and if you think a big buck won't come in during daylight your crazy in my book! I have had several big bucks come in during daylight and the colder the better! I have had the best results scattering the corn in a large area and really making them work for the corn! this is more natural as well. more like acorns falling from trees and a 50 lb sack of corn will last a good week if not longer! I don't always hunt right over it either and the reason I have 8 different spots is so I don't have to hunt them but about every 10-14 days! very little pressure! If I get picture of a big buck on a station I won't hunt it til I get daylight pics! This is just my experience! Take for what it's worth!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Spike

Funny thing is last night there was a picture on the local news of a dr. who killed a 180 a couple of nights ago that had just started showing up at his camera & the pic of the deer showed corn in the background as well as the treestand! key is you have to be pretty close to there bedroom!
Old 12-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Spike

great pics of deer and great advice
Old 12-17-2010, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default Bigmike

Originally Posted by bigmike924 View Post
has any one had a big buck come to a corn pile late in the season during shooting light.

Also other baits the work good late season
The key to late season baiting, is early season gathering. I gather (or did) white acorns all fall, and store them for just this time of year. Works like a charm, good luck! Knocked my horns down early this year!