Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bucks Traveling together >

Bucks Traveling together

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bucks Traveling together

Old 11-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bucks Traveling together

Isnt it strange for 2 bucks to be traveling together this time of year? I checked my trail cams today, and I have a vbunch of pics of a small 8 pointer, and a stud of a 10 pointer, and they are always together.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

I have seen a lot of smaller deer that try to hang out with the big guys. Saturday morning I shot a nice 8 pointer and once he went down a smaller 8 comes out of the creek and is checking things out. He walks off after minute or two and then a small 6 point coes out fo the creek. I have heard that once a dominant buck is preoccupied breeding a doe, the smaller one will jump in and try to take care of another doe in the area.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

Yea some break up little later in the year even during the rutt. I think that its just that they are so used to spending the summer together that the small ones will still group and even have large one still around with them. I dont think you'll see mature deer together though. My brother shot a very nice mature 10pnter 150's that was followed by a buck that was with him all the time on camera. I think its pretty common where I hunt to see young immature bucks still in grouped up together along with a big one around.