Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Most comfortable Treestand. >

Most comfortable Treestand.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Most comfortable Treestand.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Summits! Very comfortable.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:31 AM
Fork Horn

My vote is for a Treewalker Promag.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigbulls
I wouldn't sit in an Ol'man if you gave it to me. IMO these are some of the most unsafe climbing stands on the market. I can't believe that the TMA would approve these stands.
Just curious...what do you think is unsafe on an Ol'man? I've used one before and never had a problem with it.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

I've sat all day many times in my Summit Viper. Only complaint is it's a little cramped. I wish I would have gotten the Goliath model.

I've never tried the Millineum. I would like to though. I did hear they were very comfortable.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the most comfortable a hang on...my vote is also for the millenium. I've hunted all day numerous times out of mine, don't end up even a tad bit tired or sore. GREAT stand.

Can't comment on the most comfortable climber....I know alot of them are very comfortable. I have an old API Predator, its incredibly comfortable too. Don't use it much anymore, but an all day sit is no issue when needed.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I use an older Summit Viper. The newer ones have some refinements, but the basic qualities are the same. Without suggesting it is the best I have found that generally speaking for a stand to be comfortable it has to have a good seat. It also must have some sort of arm rest. The arms hanging from your shoulders with little or no support is what wears you out.

The bar around the front, although not a necessity, does allow you to lay the bow in front of you when sitting and gives some sort of confidence when you are standing. I usually press a knee against the bar when standing so it gives me some stabilization and basically lets me know where I'm located on the stand.

I bought this stand about 7 years ago after having several without the bar and it has helped me stay in place for hours on end. I used it in Illinois a few years back and although tired at the end of the day I wasn't worn to a frazzle. And I don't care who you are. 12 hours a day without coming down and you are going to be tired, but at least you don't feel like not getting back in it the next day, and the next, and the next. I think I got more sleep in the stand than I did my bed.

Setting the seat height is important, too. Too low and the bar can get in the way. Get it right and you can shoot from a sitting position sometimes. You certainly don't want it to be too low, but too high and you don't get the support for your arms either. Trial and error for this.

There's also the physical weight to consider, too. The 20-21# of the Viper is just about my limit.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Loggy Bayou Stalker XL.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Loggy Bayou has been out of business for three years now.

Just curious...what do you think is unsafe on an Ol'man? I've used one before and never had a problem with it.
*The numerous straps used on the stand are just waiting to trip you up.
*The blades do not lock to the tree well at all when you shift your weight from side to side and the stand shifts with you.
*Having to step over the seat when you reach your height and step over it again to start climbing down is begging for someone to trip and fall.
*The aluminium stands break at the top of the support bar for the spreader arms.
So on and so on.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

We have a two-man Sentinal we got from Menards. Sort of curves around the tree. Comes with really nice seat pads and wide foot platform. We love it. I think the way it curves around the tree gives you a lot of shooting angles, you could even shoot something on the opposite side of the tree. Very heavy to carry out and set up though. Definitely put it where you like it because you don't wanna move it again! Took three of us to put it up and it was HARD.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:22 AM
Fork Horn

Interesting comments re: the Ol' Man...some are valid, some not so much IMO...

Originally Posted by bigbulls
*The numerous straps used on the stand are just waiting to trip you up.
Never had a problem with tripping on them. <shrugs>

*The blades do not lock to the tree well at all when you shift your weight from side to side and the stand shifts with you.
This can indeed be a problem when attached to a smaller tree. Never had this problem though when all the straps are connected on a larger tree.

*Having to step over the seat when you reach your height and step over it again to start climbing down is begging for someone to trip and fall.
Huh? The webbed seat is easily 'collapsed' and slid out of the way when climbing/descending. Just pull it back out when you want to sit. I've never had to step over it.

*The aluminium stands break at the top of the support bar for the spreader arms.
I have one that I've used off and on for over 8 years...still appears to be a solid weld.

Not discounting your comments, but I've never had the problems you describe with an Ol' Man. The only thing that I don't like is the way the cable attaches with a pin; I much prefer the strap system like on the Lone Wolf stand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.