Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Most comfortable Treestand. >

Most comfortable Treestand.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Most comfortable Treestand.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default Most comfortable Treestand.

I just wanted to get everyones opinion on the most comfortable treestand for bow hunting. I have been wanting to try an all day sit but i don't have a tree stand that is very comfortable.

Thanks for the help and good luck.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use 2-API Grand Slam Extreme Magnums, a Summit would be fine as well...I can't get comfortable in a loc on so I quit using them years ago...
Old 11-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit without a doubt.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

good luck, I can normally go for 3 to 4 hours and after that I have to stand and do whatever to get mobility and blood flowing again.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Summit Viper.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Millenium Treestands....if you are told different then it's because they haven't hunted from one.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Spike

I have a 2 person ladder stand by field and stream that I use at one of my spots. Very comfy for a cheaper stand.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

I use both summit viper ss and old man multivision.Both are very comfortable,but if I set in there for more than 5 hours I have to strech my legs.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MOhunter46
Summit without a doubt.
If your looking for comfort I'll 2nd the Summit however there is some conditions that apply to this one....

..... As soon as you start cutting weight you start sacrificing comfort, I've hunted in some of the heavy models and I personally have an open shot (14lbs) and cannot stand to sit in it for more than 6 hours at a time. I bought it a few years back and it's given me a lot of service and its still going strong but for sure I've hunted out of other models and the Openshot isn't anywhere near as comfortable as some of the other ones, and besides that its dang near impossible to fall asleep in because there is no front rail so if you do fall asleep you have a higher risk of falling out.

Just my .02

Ryan.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

If we are talking about climbers then a Cougar claw beats the hell out of a Summit and API.
http://www.cougarclawusa.com/treestands.htm

They're 100% made in the USA, rock solid, have the ability to safely level the treestand while climbing, they have a built in foot rest, the cable system is one of the easiest and safest to use, etc... etc...

I wouldn't sit in an Ol'man if you gave it to me. IMO these are some of the most unsafe climbing stands on the market. I can't believe that the TMA would approve these stands.

If we are talking about ladder stands or lock ons then Millennium wins in comfort and build quality hands down.

Last edited by bigbulls; 11-07-2010 at 05:53 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.