Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Am I wrong?

Old 11-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bbdkiller2010
I have a huge problem with dog hunters in my area. I myself am a big still hunter (a lot of bow and blackpowder). The dog hunters in my area are always running dogs through our properties and destroying our deer populations. We have been managing three acre to half acre food plots for about 6 years now(chicory and white clover). And it has established a great area for these deer like a safe haven. They don't even seem to leave the property year round, because we are pressuring them very little. My suggestion is just to leave it alone for awhile and have no one to go on to it. Try and talk your family into maybe hunting the public land with you? allow the deer to re-establish themselves and allow them to start feeling more comfortable
I wish we could leave the land alone but my dad is Full German and very stuborn. Last night I tried talking to him about shooting cull bucks this year. He said "let's see what those weird racks grow into" That was a no! I tried talking to him about shooting 18 and wider and he told me I already told your brother in law anything is fair game. Ugh.....whatever I guess.