Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Somebody  shot a deer out of my stand on private property!!!!!!!!! >

Somebody shot a deer out of my stand on private property!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Somebody shot a deer out of my stand on private property!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

Default Somebody shot a deer out of my stand on private property!!!!!!!!!

I went in to an area of our private propertyt(Posted correctly) ive been saving for when the bucks start cruising its about a 50 yd wide section of thick brush that connects to large woods approx 800 yards long. My stand sits at west end and is perfect for when they roam thru there. Well after an uneventful morn I get down but i notice something sticking in trail as I leave its a broken arrow w/ blood I follow the trail approx 75 yards to find gutpile. and a set of testes proudly displayed right on top(really fresh as in prob last night . I'm pissed waited for the right wind, right time and get in to find this I am officially on the warpath. Should I find this individual lets just say fecal material will hit the fan God I hate scumbags My camera was positioned close to this area and i have nine different bucks 4 of which should all easily make 125-135 and one true stud that goes about 160 Poss more Now its killing me which one got wacked or did another buck come cruising that I dont have pics of. I pulled my cams cause after last season started 2 came up MIA Sorry needed to vent!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I understand your frustrarion.
I would check with the landowner to be sure no one else may have gained permission . I have known guys loose access to property who thought they were the only ones with permission to hunt and confronted another hunter.
One guy confronted a hunter and got pretty mouthy with him. Come to find out it was the landowners nephew.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

dprsdhunter, it sounds like he owns the property.

I'd be pissed to the point of doing something I may regret, or may land me in trouble. The fact that he left the gut pile and testees where he knows you will find them, that is just rubbing it in your face that not only did he tresspass and kill a deer, but he killed a buck.

Consider keeping a sharp eye out for unidentified vehicles parked to access the land.

In Virginia you can sue someone and get a money judgement if they tresspass on your property, even if they don't damage the property in any way.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see were I misread that line on "our private property"
Old 11-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ugh....it sucks but it happens. Our first year we owned our new property I was scouting a chunk of our land (I tagged out early) and found cotton balls in a tree. I knew it was the older gentleman that has been sneaking onto this property for years but we were the new owners and things were going to change. I waited till prime time the next day before I comfronted him. I caught him and he was trying his hardest to avoid me but he wasn't being careful getting down. I told him to relax and get down safely. He apologized over and over and his voice was cracking, all I said was he should be thankful I caught him and not my father. I asked him if he seen the 100's of sign's we put up and he shook his head yes. I asked why? He shrugged and said I don't know. The man was in his 60's and I honestly felt bad for him. He has 5 acres that butts up to ours and probably knew no one ever hunted the land we purchased. I told my father and he said "ole well" I was baffled I thought this was serious. I hope you find the guy that shot that buck. Nothing more makes me sick to find a gut pile and balls hanging in a tree on your own property
Old 11-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

that would piss me off to no end. we work hard for half the year to be able to have an opportunity to shoot a nice buck and then someone comes along and profts of my labor. F that
Old 11-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

check with local taxidermist with prints from your trailcams, mabey they shot a nice one and took it. poachers have been caught but you need a pic and grab some dna from the cut pile. good luck
Old 11-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Spike

the nerve some people have to not only sneak on private property but to hunt a stand you have up..word leaks just keep your ears open
Old 11-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

wow that would tick me off to no end. hope you find this guy and get this situation taken care of...
Old 11-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I completey understand your anger

I was totaly mad when I found candy wrappers and a water bottle in a bag tied to the seat of one of my stands last year

I would have been on the war path if the shot a buck out of it

John