Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Wild Wonderful WV Weekend >

Wild Wonderful WV Weekend

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wild Wonderful WV Weekend

Old 10-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wild Wonderful WV Weekend

I took a buddy to my farm with me this weekend. The bucks have been scraping/rubbing a little...so I figured that this past weekend it would be perfect. Granted, it's earlier than normal, but it still seemed like this would be the weekend according to what I saw.

The first morning, we saw 5 bucks between us...and I missed one. Plain and simple, I just air-mailed it. It was a nice basket rack 8pt. I had recently gotten a couple of does, so I passed on several does/small bucks.

My buddy sat in another stand that evening and saw a couple nice bucks, but no shot. The next evening he shot a nice 9-pt. It was no P&Y buck...but a nice buck for central WV. We saw 5 bucks of this caliber, and one was much larger. The chasing has definitely begun in our area.

The picture is of me w/ his buck. I'm not trying to claim the deer...LOL I just didn't ask him if I could put his ugly mug out there for everyone to see.

I did not shoot a deer, but had more fun that many that I have. As I grow older, the kill is less important to me...but seeing the chasing time of the year is something I will never want to miss.
Attached Thumbnails Wild Wonderful WV Weekend-dscn1845.jpg  
Old 10-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to him on a good buck.... Nothing moving where I'm at. Glad someone is seeing some..
Old 10-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to the hunter. Where in central wv are you?
Old 10-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats to your friend on a nice buck!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to your buddy.. I'm agreeing on the chase phase being in full swing.. Now let's just hope that it cools down this weekend again to start the rut out right..
Old 10-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

This was Braxton county.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Spike

Definitely been seeing more in WV, and oh yeah it will be cooler in the morning!!!! Should be a good Halloween weekend if you are dressed for it and the wind doesn't blow like it has every single day since season openned!! Hope to score a Kodiak moment tomorrow myself...