HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wild Wonderful WV Weekend
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Pro-Line
Nontypical Buck

Default Wild Wonderful WV Weekend

I took a buddy to my farm with me this weekend. The bucks have been scraping/rubbing a little...so I figured that this past weekend it would be perfect. Granted, it's earlier than normal, but it still seemed like this would be the weekend according to what I saw.

The first morning, we saw 5 bucks between us...and I missed one. Plain and simple, I just air-mailed it. It was a nice basket rack 8pt. I had recently gotten a couple of does, so I passed on several does/small bucks.

My buddy sat in another stand that evening and saw a couple nice bucks, but no shot. The next evening he shot a nice 9-pt. It was no P&Y buck...but a nice buck for central WV. We saw 5 bucks of this caliber, and one was much larger. The chasing has definitely begun in our area.

The picture is of me w/ his buck. I'm not trying to claim the deer...LOL I just didn't ask him if I could put his ugly mug out there for everyone to see.

I did not shoot a deer, but had more fun that many that I have. As I grow older, the kill is less important to me...but seeing the chasing time of the year is something I will never want to miss.
Attached Images