Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Midwest Chasing? >

Midwest Chasing?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Midwest Chasing?

Old 10-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Brian K
Hey Wisconsin Guys,

I saw rubs and scrapes really, really early this year compared with, say, the last 5 years. I started noticing scrapes in early Sept. as well as rubs. All that activity seems to have slowed in the last week or so... Anyone noticed similar behavior or is it just me?
We always have scrapes on field edges early in the year, rubs seem to have been popping up in the past couple of weeks, along with a few scrapes in the woods now.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

In southwestern wisco i didnt see anything rut related last weekend... my buddy shot a nice 8 point 3.5 yr old that was chasing up in buffalo county last weekend though... this weekend should be really good, as well as the weekend after that

good luck hunting guys!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

In N.E Wi. I have not gotten much of anything, a couple of scrapes from a few weeks back, but nothing new and nothing back to those. Guy that works for me is just north about 10 miles and says he has "tons" on scrapes and rubs, so I may not have any deer here.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Spike

SW wisconsin, about the same here. cameras are showing alot of scrape activity at night. was out this evening a had a decent 8pt following doe does. he wasnt really pushing them around tho

though this wind would have them hunker down but this afternoons set was pretty eventfull. seen one other buck at 3pm seeking as well, a backet rack and a few other does. either way it shoud be right around the corner.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rymaster
SW wisconsin, about the same here. cameras are showing alot of scrape activity at night. was out this evening a had a decent 8pt following doe does. he wasnt really pushing them around tho

though this wind would have them hunker down but this afternoons set was pretty eventfull. seen one other buck at 3pm seeking as well, a backet rack and a few other does. either way it shoud be right around the corner.
The wind can actually get them moving sometimes cuz they don't feel comfortable. One of my best times on stand last year was night before halloween with 40mph winds. I was somewhat isolated in only like 20mph winds in a valley and the deer were in their heavy ahd the bucks were chasin and responding well to rattling.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is some of the scrape activity I've had on camera. I've got hundreds more pics of these bucks and exspecially the big ten. Think I've got about 350 pics of him (and not with a bursting camera). He is my most frequent visitor and hits the scrape almost every night and some nights multiple times but has only showed his face once in the light and that was last monday and I obviously wasnt on stand that night. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2094703&id=184806270&l=30e0c069c2
Old 10-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like you have da "CHIT"!