Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
my son is out of control...LOL >

my son is out of control...LOL

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my son is out of control...LOL

Old 10-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default my son is out of control...LOL

So we head out for a afternoon sit. We talk about ever 30 min or so and I call him at 6:08pm. No answer. I just start shaking my head. He calls me back a couple minutes later and I say "what did you shoot at" he says "I shot 2".

Mind you, this kid missed 13 deer last year, shot his first with a bow 1 week ago, missed a nice buck yesterday and he is telling he just shot 2.

Over to his stand I go. And I bump 1, damn. After the shot (in the shoulder) she went 30 yards and layed down. Ok.

Go to the stand, forget her for now where did the 1st one go. Ok, theres your broken arrow, ahh blood. 40-50 yards later here is a nice big doe, great shot son, high fives and hugs. gut, drag back to the treestand.

Off to the second one in the dark. Found her bed, and there is the blood. follow for 10 yards and bump her again. she is hurting but decide to give her overnight. Pack up and drag #1. Load into the truck, take pictures and hang.

Will be back at day break for #2, I don't think she will be far, just hope she is still good. low tonight is 56 deg.

the pics from my wifes camera were to large to post, this is a cell pic of her pic so its not all that great, sorry.
Attached Thumbnails my son is out of control...LOL-cell-fone-pic.jpg  
Old 10-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

Nice! I got my first bow kill a couple weeks ago with that same kind of bow he's using. Good luck tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

WTG, Congrats..... GL finding the other one.....
Old 10-25-2010, 04:32 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to him.
I missed the first four deer that I have ever shot at with a bow.
After I killed my 1st with a bow, Iknew what to expect and the nerves calmed down.
You may have a killing machine on your hands for a while, then it become quality.
One year I blew through eight does.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:44 AM
Typical Buck

well heres an up date. We found the 2nd on this morning not to far from where we jumped it last night. thats the good news. the bad news is he already stunk. My kid felt terrible and I just told him that things happen but next time to just worry about 1 deer and not 2. ecspecially on afternoon hunts.
Attached Thumbnails my son is out of control...LOL-scotty-bb.jpg  
Old 10-25-2010, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats and good luck the rest of the season.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats to your son
Old 10-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

you weren't lying that is a big doe. congrats to your son, and good luck on finding the other one in the morning
Old 10-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome, a memory you'll both never forget!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on both recoveries. Sad to hear about the second. It happens as you said on afternoon hunts. Had it happen 3 years ago on a doe in the garage!!!!!!!! Got her home, iced her entire chest area with a 20 lb bag of ice, left hide on for insulation. Laid on concrete floor. Hosed out first with cold water to make sure everything was clean. Done it before, no probs. Next AM went to bone it out and the ham/loins were already getting green. Lost the best part. Salvaged out the shoulders and backstraps. Live and learn.