HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - my son is out of control...LOL
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 07:00 PM
WNYhunter
Typical Buck

Default my son is out of control...LOL

So we head out for a afternoon sit. We talk about ever 30 min or so and I call him at 6:08pm. No answer. I just start shaking my head. He calls me back a couple minutes later and I say "what did you shoot at" he says "I shot 2".

Mind you, this kid missed 13 deer last year, shot his first with a bow 1 week ago, missed a nice buck yesterday and he is telling he just shot 2.

Over to his stand I go. And I bump 1, damn. After the shot (in the shoulder) she went 30 yards and layed down. Ok.

Go to the stand, forget her for now where did the 1st one go. Ok, theres your broken arrow, ahh blood. 40-50 yards later here is a nice big doe, great shot son, high fives and hugs. gut, drag back to the treestand.

Off to the second one in the dark. Found her bed, and there is the blood. follow for 10 yards and bump her again. she is hurting but decide to give her overnight. Pack up and drag #1. Load into the truck, take pictures and hang.

Will be back at day break for #2, I don't think she will be far, just hope she is still good. low tonight is 56 deg.

the pics from my wifes camera were to large to post, this is a cell pic of her pic so its not all that great, sorry.
Attached Images