Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Binary Or Single Cam??? >

Binary Or Single Cam???

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Binary Or Single Cam???

Old 10-24-2010, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Binary Or Single Cam???

I have hunted with a Bowtech Tomkat for the last 4 years. I love the bow. I now have a Bowtech Diamond Black Ice that I can keep or get rid of. The Tomkat is 4 years old and has been shot a lot. The Black Ice is 2 years old and has hardly been shot at all. The main difference in the 2 bows is the Tomkat is binary and the Diamond is single cam. I don't know a lot about that kind of stuff. I'm going to shoot the Diamond today and that will tell me a lot but I was wondering if you guys could give me your opinons on the two bows and on binary and single cams?

Thanks As Usual!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

I know the BlackIce is a great bow. It has a very smooth draw and shoots great. Binary cams tend to have more speed then solocams and might have a harsher or stiffer draw. I shoot a BlackIce and love it.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the Diamond yesterday. I belive I'll stick with my Tomkat. The Diamond was not near as smooth or quiet as my Tomkat.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Which Diamond?(you mean the one you have correct?) I mean they make lower priced bows in their line up. Just like the Tomkat which is a fine bow is one of the cheaper models BT put outs so to say I love or hate the Tomkat so I love or hate Binary's wouldnt be prudent. Some of the higher dollar BT's have a much smoother draw then the TK, not all Binary bows are equal.

IF both bows are set up correctly with same draw wieght, the Black Ice should be much smoother then the Tomkat is but its all personal preference. IF you like the way the Tomkat feels go with it. The Black Ice however is arguably one of the smoothest/least harsh drawing bows on the market but that doesnt mean you have to like it.

The biggest difference you should feel if the bows are set up correctly and have the exact same poundage is the BI has a much bigger valley when you get to the the let off part of your draw. Also at full draw the Black Ice should "feel" easier to hold back...ie if you let off your draw just a little with most binary's it wants to shoot the single cam high let off take much less to hold them at full draw. Again most if it is feel and if you are used to one of the other that is prob what you will like. If you shot the BI for years and went to the Tomkat you may not like the difference in feel that way either. All personal preference. Don't think the deer will tell the difference from either bow and their speeds are close so there is no real advantage to one over the other except if you are going to sell one. The 2 year old Black Ice will prob sell much quicker.

Last edited by Duckbutter48; 10-25-2010 at 05:37 AM.