HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Binary Or Single Cam???
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 05:27 AM
Duckbutter48
Nontypical Buck

Which Diamond?(you mean the one you have correct?) I mean they make lower priced bows in their line up. Just like the Tomkat which is a fine bow is one of the cheaper models BT put outs so to say I love or hate the Tomkat so I love or hate Binary's wouldnt be prudent. Some of the higher dollar BT's have a much smoother draw then the TK, not all Binary bows are equal.

IF both bows are set up correctly with same draw wieght, the Black Ice should be much smoother then the Tomkat is but its all personal preference. IF you like the way the Tomkat feels go with it. The Black Ice however is arguably one of the smoothest/least harsh drawing bows on the market but that doesnt mean you have to like it.

The biggest difference you should feel if the bows are set up correctly and have the exact same poundage is the BI has a much bigger valley when you get to the the let off part of your draw. Also at full draw the Black Ice should "feel" easier to hold back...ie if you let off your draw just a little with most binary's it wants to shoot the single cam high let off take much less to hold them at full draw. Again most if it is feel and if you are used to one of the other that is prob what you will like. If you shot the BI for years and went to the Tomkat you may not like the difference in feel that way either. All personal preference. Don't think the deer will tell the difference from either bow and their speeds are close so there is no real advantage to one over the other except if you are going to sell one. The 2 year old Black Ice will prob sell much quicker.

Last edited by Duckbutter48; 10-25-2010 at 05:37 AM.