Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Well... I was really disappointed. >

Well... I was really disappointed.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well... I was really disappointed.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default Well... I was really disappointed.

Went on down to gander to get my bow adjusted a little. Asked if they had a chrono and asked if I could send an arrow through to get an idea of how fast my bow was. I think the IBO on it was like 302 or somewhere close, but I'm shooting 60# not 70 and the string is probably 3 or 4 years old.

Sent my arrow flying through, figured I'd probably be around 240 or so. Yep.... nope lol. Big ol 217... Well now I'm really considering a new bow. Would kind of rather upgrade than replace my cable and string.

Ideas? Looking at my father in laws Liberty I or a brand new Bear Charge package.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Spike

I worked at that Gander Mountain for 4 years in the archery department... Trust me that chrono lies out of this world. One day my bow shot 262 the other day it shot 290. That chrono isn't truthful!!!
Old 10-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

I feel a little better but was thinking about giving the NAP blood runners a try but if I'm not shooting around 250 I don't know.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Spike

I was disappointed with my speed also when i sent an arrow through the crono. My bow is rated at 302 and i clocked in at 240. I did this shortly after buying my bow new and i looked at the guy working at the shop that i bought the bow from and he told me that those numbers are rated with out string silencers, peep sights, and at full poundage and draw length so those are some things to look at also.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't go to Gander to get my bow fixed if it needs to. They always try to lie and con you out of money.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

This is going to sound rude but it is not intended that way. Archery manufacturers love people that think the way you are. If your not shooting 330fps you shouldnt be hunting(what a load of feces). I routinely shoot through deer elk and bear @ 190fps from my recurve, about the same or less from my longbow.
Can you put an arrow where you want it with your current set up?
Are you confident shooting this bow?
If you feel that spending the extra money is in your budget then go ahead but dont do it for the reason that your current bow is inadequate.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Rogue
This is going to sound rude but it is not intended that way. Archery manufacturers love people that think the way you are. If your not shooting 330fps you shouldnt be hunting(what a load of feces). I routinely shoot through deer elk and bear @ 190fps from my recurve, about the same or less from my longbow.
Can you put an arrow where you want it with your current set up?
Are you confident shooting this bow?
If you feel that spending the extra money is in your budget then go ahead but dont do it for the reason that your current bow is inadequate.
That was not rude what so ever, I totally understand IBO speed too (to the previous poster) I do like the bow, and now that I've had it adjusted and with the new arrows I hope it shoots as well as with my old arrows.

I just wanted to possibly try mechanical broadheads and now I don't know, would I be able to use rage 2 blade? Or possibly the bloodrunners?
Old 10-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Spike

Hey, about the bloodrunners, i just shot a deer with the 2 blade bloodrunners with my bow. now im 15 and i shoot a bowtech soldier with a 28" draw and a 50 pound pull. i got a complete pass through with my bow at 20 yards with the bloodrunner 2 blade, heres what the bloodrunner did at 50 pounds, http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/...ic,3643.0.html i say go for it!
Old 10-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Jake95
Hey, about the bloodrunners, i just shot a deer with the 2 blade bloodrunners with my bow. now im 15 and i shoot a bowtech soldier with a 28" draw and a 50 pound pull. i got a complete pass through with my bow at 20 yards with the bloodrunner 2 blade, heres what the bloodrunner did at 50 pounds, http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/...ic,3643.0.html i say go for it!

Holy Cr*p! hmm anyone else have anything to say about the blood runners?
Old 10-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Spike

heres a few videos i found,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGtxU6z4k4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTM68Laceb4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB_hZ9D8B6A

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.