Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
will these work?? >

will these work??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

will these work??

Old 10-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default will these work??

A friend of mine has does coming to a feeder and wants my 7 year old daughter to harvest one of them. She will be shooting a x bow but my broadheads are NAP spitfire mechanicals. Will these do ok through netting of a blind?? I know best thing would be to try them but I don't have that option, I could change to muzzy heads that I have but afraid they will plane too bad. He said she will be shooting less than 20 yards and likely less than 15.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

I wouldnt shoot a mechanical thru netting I personally wont shoot a coc thru the mesh to risky in my opinion
Old 10-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

You should let a lil kid shoot mechanical's! You wont get any penatration and a slim chance at recovery.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

Don't shoot the mechanicals through mesh! Get a fixed blade.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

or take the mesh off, but if your set on shooting thru mesh then a coc head would be the right choice.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
You should let a lil kid shoot mechanical's! You wont get any penatration and a slim chance at recovery.
The mech's wouldn't be a problem with a crossbow.

Originally Posted by okieshooter
A friend of mine has does coming to a feeder and wants my 7 year old daughter to harvest one of them. She will be shooting a x bow but my broadheads are NAP spitfire mechanicals. Will these do ok through netting of a blind?? I know best thing would be to try them but I don't have that option, I could change to muzzy heads that I have but afraid they will plane too bad. He said she will be shooting less than 20 yards and likely less than 15.
I would go with the muzzy's myself. Of course that is what I shoot anyway....lol