Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
WV Bow season is finally here...doe down! >

WV Bow season is finally here...doe down!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WV Bow season is finally here...doe down!

Old 10-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

congrats,nice doe going to be good eatin!
I had a nice piebald doe come in to 40 yards saturday but couldn't get her to come any closer,so i let her pass hope to get another chance at her!
Old 10-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the doe! I live in Mcdowell county WV where their isnt a gun season and deer down here are plentifull!
Old 10-18-2010, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!

I have farm in Braxton county...and I'm not sure what RidgeFactor is talking about. Our hunting is far better than it was 15 years ago. Sure, we used to see 20-30 deer every day out, but we also saw 1 buck out of every 50 deer...and it was a spike or 4pt. Last year I killed a 115" 8-point the first day with a bow...and it wasn't the biggest deer I saw.

We bought our farm in '67 and a 100" deer was unheard of in the late 80's into the late 90's. There were just too many deer.

We've killed some dandy's in the last 5-10 years, and it's all because our numbers are down a little. I still see tons of deer, but the numbers aren't stupid like they were. Some people just want to shoo the deer away....climb a tree...have the deer come back...and shoot one. LOL

Last edited by Pro-Line; 10-18-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pro-Line
Congrats!

I have farm in Braxton county...and I'm not sure what RidgeFactor is talking about. Our hunting is far better than it was 15 years ago. Sure, we used to see 20-30 deer every day out, but we also saw 1 buck out of every 50 deer...and it was a spike or 4pt. Last year I killed a 115" 8-point the first day with a bow...and it wasn't the biggest deer I saw.

We bought our farm in '67 and a 100" deer was unheard of in the late 80's into the late 90's. There were just too many deer.

We've killed some dandy's in the last 5-10 years, and it's all because our numbers are down a little. I still see tons of deer, but the numbers aren't stupid like they were. Some people just want to shoo the deer away....climb a tree...have the deer come back...and shoot one. LOL
Being that you live in Pulaskiville, Ohio.....you sure must get alot of time to scout and hunt your farm in Braxton County, West Virginia?
Old 10-20-2010, 01:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

RF
So you...living in PA can criticize the hunting, but I...living in Ohio can't say that it's good?

So you're saying that if I scouted my land more that I would find that the hunting in WV is terrible? OK...now I follow your logic...not.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pro-Line
RF
So you...living in PA can criticize the hunting, but I...living in Ohio can't say that it's good?

So you're saying that if I scouted my land more that I would find that the hunting in WV is terrible? OK...now I follow your logic...not.
Gotta love those southwestern, PA deer.
Attached Thumbnails WV Bow season is finally here...doe down!-z1.jpg  

Last edited by RidgeFACTOR; 10-22-2010 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Spike

Yeah don't believe RidgeFactor has been in the same woods we WVians have been... I will agree on the rack requirement, but as for deer... yeah clueless there. Though I do believe a combination of the 40 year mast high this year and a extremely hard winter may make deer success here tough. Also hunting farm country verses forest country will grow different deer.

Greenbrier County first day... Let a spike walk, had a doe in the brush, a button buck smell my ladder on my stand and a doe flank me too far out. It was breezy, and the woods were quiet with a bit of rain late in the week. Full moon this week, maybe similiar slow luck for Saturday.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by eerdog
Yeah don't believe RidgeFactor has been in the same woods we WVians have been... I will agree on the rack requirement, but as for deer... yeah clueless there. Though I do believe a combination of the 40 year mast high this year and a extremely hard winter may make deer success here tough. Also hunting farm country verses forest country will grow different deer.

Greenbrier County first day... Let a spike walk, had a doe in the brush, a button buck smell my ladder on my stand and a doe flank me too far out. It was breezy, and the woods were quiet with a bit of rain late in the week. Full moon this week, maybe similiar slow luck for Saturday.
My friend I am from WEST VIRGINIA and have been hunting in WEST VIRGINIA for over 30 years now. Clueless? Not hardly. Where I hunt in southwestern, PENNSYLVANIA (Greene County) there is an antler restriction, must be 4 points to a side, that's something WEST VIRGINIA doesn't have therefore you wont see the "Big Rack" bucks unless you are hunting the 4 southern WV counties that hasn't allowed gun hunting since 1972. That's not to say that there aren't any "BIG RACKED" deer in the Mountain State, just hard to see any when they never get to reach maturity.

Last edited by RidgeFACTOR; 10-22-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Spike

nice doe. they dont have to have horns to get my heart racin..

as for the conflict, the first post about the declination of hunting in dubv was a little inflammatory, heated rebuttals were to be expected lol..
Old 10-22-2010, 09:12 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

Nice doe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michigan probably hasn't managed their herd like they could of....I for one like to see tons of deer, and in michigan there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many deer in the souther part, especially in the southwest part....It's fun going out and seeing deer.....Now if michigan can just get some of the weekend warriors to be more selective....
We have all the right ingrediants for MI to be a Wallhanger state....and there are a fair amount...but could be better

As far as football teams
I love the Mountaineers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Mountaineers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michigan Wolverines are my next choice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.