Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
WV Bow season is finally here...doe down! >

WV Bow season is finally here...doe down!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WV Bow season is finally here...doe down!

Old 10-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default WV Bow season is finally here...doe down!

An opening day doe...I can not complain. It was a nice sit this morning, temperature was fall like, wind was not bad, and the leaves on the forest floor were dry and loud.

She came by me at 7:30 AM, and presented me an 8 yard, steep angle, slightly quartering away shot. I hit about 1/2 inch to high and to the front of where I was aiming.

The arrow plowed through the top of the shoulder blade, nicked the underside of the spinal cord, and powered through the left lung. She dropped in her tracks.

I was impressed with the G5 Montec. It pushed its way all the way through the deer even after contacting the shoulder blade, ending up with the arrow still in the deer but the broadhead 5 inches out the other side.

Now I can concentrate on a nice buck:-)
Attached Thumbnails WV Bow season is finally here...doe down!-img_0098a.jpg  
Old 10-16-2010, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

WTG!!!!!! Congrats on your opening day harvest...Enjoy a back strap BBQ tonight man... I had 3 does come in at 7:30 also, but they where in some tree's and I just couldn't get a shot. To many branches in the way. Its very windy here today. Made for a tough hunt this morning...
Old 10-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

West Virginia's hunting has declined dramatically in the last 15 years.....I'll let you guess why.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RidgeFACTOR
West Virginia's hunting has declined dramatically in the last 15 years.....I'll let you guess why.
You are free to take your sour attitude to another thread.

Here in the eastern panhandle we have lots of deer, maybe not many trophies, but lots of deer (and this is only 3 years after blue tongue decimated the herd in my area).
Old 10-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

The guy shoots a doe and your criticizing him?? Uncalled for....
Old 10-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats. Tomorrow I will be out for the first time after having to work today.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats, nice doe.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

WTG!!! My opening day didn't goe as good but I'll be out tomorrow afternoon to give it another try.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by V8Ranger
The guy shoots a doe and your criticizing him?? Uncalled for....
Not criticizing him at all. I just think in West Virginia the DNR is more about selling extra tags and permits and the money than they are about managing the deer herd. I hunt WV and PA and in PA there is an antler restriction, and in WV you can legally take around 12 deer with extra stamps. That is entirely too many deer to be taken and still be able to manage the deer herd there. On the other hand, Pennsylvania's regulations are not perfect. In PA if you kill a legal buck during archery season you are done and not allowed to take a buck during rifle season. Like I said before, I'm not criticizing at all. Enjoy your deer.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not criticizing him at all. I just think in West Virginia the DNR is more about selling extra tags and permits and the money than they are about managing the deer herd. I hunt WV and PA and in PA there is an antler restriction, and in WV you can legally take around 12 deer with extra stamps. That is entirely too many deer to be taken and still be able to manage the deer herd there. On the other hand, Pennsylvania's regulations are not perfect. In PA if you kill a legal buck during archery season you are done and not allowed to take a buck during rifle season. Like I said before, I'm not criticizing at all. Enjoy your deer.
Congrats on the doe,
last season in PA I saw 3 deer on around 25 hunts. Soooooo its kinda hard to say to anyone that their state sucks.

Just sayin

Ryan.

I guess I should have read more before I posted that

Anyhow yeah, where I hunt in PA Sucks real bad. S.W. PA still has a good heard cause of Pitt being there.

Ryan.

Last edited by my7pointmonster; 10-18-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.