Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Land owner issues >

Land owner issues

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Land owner issues

Old 10-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Land owner issues

Well guys i have a ?..We farm 92 ac. that we rent off of another guy. We have beans in the fields that we rent off of him.Well the land owner came to our farm tonight and asked us not to cut the beans from wed. to the weekend because people were going to be hunting the woods by the fields. Well our plan was to start on thursday to get the beans off and he doesnt understand that we have to get them off the field. I mean this is how we make a living. What would you guys do?
Old 10-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Well in my opinion... I would cut the beans only if you can handle not being able to use that field next year. B/c im assuming you signed a rental contract at the beginning of the year giving you the rights to the field; therefore, i believe its your call. And im guessing if you cut the beans and the hunters complain, you won't be allowed back.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

If it's how you make a living than I don't know if there's any way around it. Do what ya gotta do, but like ek said...always expect the worse...depending on the other land you may be able to rent around your location I would probably cut them.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Spike

Default Just my .02 cents....

Originally Posted by Down&OutHunting
Well guys i have a ?..We farm 92 ac. that we rent off of another guy. We have beans in the fields that we rent off of him.Well the land owner came to our farm tonight and asked us not to cut the beans from wed. to the weekend because people were going to be hunting the woods by the fields. Well our plan was to start on thursday to get the beans off and he doesnt understand that we have to get them off the field. I mean this is how we make a living. What would you guys do?
Something that most people don't realize!!!! CHOICES LEAD TO CONSEQUENCES! You rent or lease the property and you should be able to cut when you want,, but if you do,,, you may loose the property cause he is gonna loose his hunters that he is probably charging, or he may even charge more per acre to farm? So you probably should cut another field and keep him on your good side if that 92 acres is important to your farming business?
Old 10-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

well when we started to rent the ground we rented it off of his mother. Well she passed away in the spring and her son is now the new owner. This is our last year we are probably going to rent the ground because he is asking 230ac. to rent in next year which is way to much and we just want to get all of our crops out. We really wouldnt have had a problem with it. It was just the way he went about it and he wasnt very friendly, we told him that by him telling us to do that would be like us trying to tell him he cant go to work at his job for 3-4 days
Old 10-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

If you dont plan to rent it next year i dont see why you wouldnt cut it if your in such a predicament.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Down&OutHunting
well when we started to rent the ground we rented it off of his mother. Well she passed away in the spring and her son is now the new owner. This is our last year we are probably going to rent the ground because he is asking 230ac. to rent in next year which is way to much and we just want to get all of our crops out. We really wouldnt have had a problem with it. It was just the way he went about it and he wasnt very friendly, we told him that by him telling us to do that would be like us trying to tell him he cant go to work at his job for 3-4 days
You can never count on the weather. Harvest it ASAP.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't see how he can legally tell you when you can harvest your crops. If I was the hunter, I would be mad if someone started cutting there crops when they knew we we hunting, but, on the other hand, the land owner should have told the hunter that those crops would be getting cut. You have the first rights to do as you please, not the hunters. Your paying for that right. I would cut, there is nothing the land owner can do about it, legally, unless its in your contract that you can only cut if he lets you... Just my opinion..
Old 10-12-2010, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

Cut the beans. Pi$$ on that guy. $230/acre is way too much for rent. You're not going to pay that much or he going to be mad and pull it from you. Either way, you're not farming it next year. I'd definitely cut the beans.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cut it when it's the right time to cut it regardless of what he said. Never know what's going to happen with the weather or the market.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.