Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
How would you score him? >

How would you score him?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How would you score him?

Old 10-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

That is awesome! i would love to see a cool non-typical like that!!!!

sorry no help in scoring...
Old 10-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by blakefrautschi
That is awesome! i would love to see a cool non-typical like that!!!!

sorry no help in scoring...

This makes me wonder...how common are non-typicals and how many of us have taken one. This is my second in 4 years.

I might have to post a poll.

Last edited by 95Harley; 10-09-2010 at 05:25 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 95Harley
This makes me wonder...how common are non-typicals and how many of us have taken one. This is my second in 4 years.

I might have to post a poll.
non typical is a joke...a deer is a deer is a deer..just people who made em non-typical...deductions are fer taxes
Old 10-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a cool looking rack. It seems like a nice heavy racked trophy but score wouldn't be his strong point. Nice Deer.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

definitely a very neat buck! i would be interested to see what he scores but wouldnt know exactly how to. congratulations on a fine mature buck!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jklink
Looks to me like on the messed up side, the beam with points coming off of it would be your main beam. just measure all the others starting from the base as your G1, G2, etc. you can go to the boone and crockett website and they have a thing where you can just take all of your measurements and plug them in and it will calculate the score for you.

basicly your measurements are as follows: greatest inside spread, main beam lengths, length of points and circumfrences.

good luck and congrats on the buck!
So if I use the sticker beam as the main beam.
How do I handle the second large horn (G3)? Would it still be measured as a Main Beam.

Assume all others would be abnormal points.
Attached Thumbnails How would you score him?-untitled.jpg   How would you score him?-scoring.jpg  

Last edited by 95Harley; 10-11-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

Strange looking fella that's for sure, congrats.

I'd like to ask a question about the shot. Did that shot enter on the right side forward of the shoulder and come out through the left shoulder? Did you get both lungs or just the left? What broadhead are you shooting if you don't mind me asking?
Old 10-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by *twodogs*
Strange looking fella that's for sure, congrats.

I'd like to ask a question about the shot. Did that shot enter on the right side forward of the shoulder and come out through the left shoulder? Did you get both lungs or just the left? What broadhead are you shooting if you don't mind me asking?
Yes, unfortunately I let the arrow go a step too soon and was about 7-8" forward. It went in on the right side (neck) and came out of left shoulder. But lucky for me he only went less than 60 yards and piled up. An inch or two and I would have had a bad shoulder shot.

Definatley got the left lung as he had foamy blood out of his nose and mouth when I got to him. Not 100% about the right lung.

Shot was 25 yards away and I was about 25' high in the tree. I was using a Slick Trick 100 mag.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 95Harley
So if I use the sticker beam as the main beam.
How do I handle the second large horn (G3)? Would it still be measured as a Main Beam.

Assume all others would be abnormal points.

I would say score it as an abnormal and not a second main beam, although it kinda looks like that. It seems to definately be coming out of the main beam as an abnormal and not a second main beam coming from the skull. Just my opinion, but I don't have a huge experience at non-typicals like this one. If you find out different, let me know. Always want to learn new things.
Good Luck
Old 10-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

That is such a cool right side.....I would sure like to bag a non typical...The path of the arrow, although not ideal, did its work thanks to that slick trick. Again, nice buck, congratulations and thanks for taking time to respond to my question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.