Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Question on broadheads shooting differently than field points >

Question on broadheads shooting differently than field points

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question on broadheads shooting differently than field points

Old 10-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default Question on broadheads shooting differently than field points

So I have been practicing with field points for several months getting ready for deer season. Two weeks ago I adjusted my sights for broadheads, they were just a little lower than the field points. I pretty much had them dialed in, and I was going to go hunting this afternoon. This morning I shoot to make sure I am still on target, and my field points are still dead on but my broadheads are flying WAY left, 6 inches left or more at 20 yards. I switch back to field points to make sure it isn't something on the bow that has changed, and they are still hitting dead on. Switch back to broadheads and again they are hitting way left.

What the heck is up with this? I tried two different kinds of broadheads and they are both flying left.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most likely the different aerodynamics between the two. It is still weird since mine never shoot an inch or 2 away from the field point hits.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dunno. If you'd not been just a little low a couple weeks ago (no left-right issue), I would suggest moving the rest in slightly. Is there a chance something moved? Probably not if your field points are on.

Verify everything is as it should be with the bow and rest (fletch clearance especially). Then, I'd go back to a walk-back tuning with field points. Then broadhead tune.