Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Intrusion during prime time >

Intrusion during prime time

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Intrusion during prime time

Old 10-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
That a farse! My biggest buck to date I jumped walking through some really thick area. After I watched it run off, I sat down and two hours later it came back and bedded down. Its ok to bump deer out of their beds, they will be back
not a farse, as i said, in one area, the deer will come out after people pass by, and in one area, the cam shows, the deer dont come back in for 3 days after we leave..how would you know if its a farse or not...you have never been here!!!

i have too scared off deer just to have them return within minutes, sometimes an hour.

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 10-01-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Kathwacckkk
I guess I would hold tight either way. The woods seem to have a lot going on anyways. Deer have become accustomed to cars, people, dogs, 4 wheelers, etc... If I had some time to let everything quiet down I would. You hung the stand in a good area, so I would just wait it out for a while.

Now if they started up a chainsaw and started cutting firewood, that may be a different story.
i have had deer walk within 20 yards of me while i was chain sawing.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have to agree with most of the posts. In an area where deer are acustomed to having humans around you should be OK. If the deer in the area weren't actually bumped, they probably just stood still, watched and waited until the 'coast was clear' and presumed their normal activity.
Oh - halfbaked - I too do not believe that the deer will not come back for 3 days. I had the same thing happen as what happened to Stabandslab. Bump a deer in the late morning and sit and wait and he came back via a different route. Did it ever occur to you that the deer may have walked BEHIND the cam or out of range of the cam?

Last edited by bronko22000; 10-01-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would sit tight. Last Saturday I got to the property I hunt in CT for an afternoon hunt, about 1.5 hour drive. When I got there, the land owner and his wife were working by the pond I usually hunt near. I walked up to them, joked they were working in my shooting lane, then offered them a hand. They wouldn't have it and the land owner told me I could use a stand his brother had set-up for an out of town friend who I believe is done hunting. I took him up on it and did see 7 deer, nothing close enough for a shot. 4 of those 7 I saw about 80 yards away, coming from the area where they were working, backhoe and all. If I would have set up the 30 yards from the pond where I normally do, I probably would have had a shot, even with all of the commotion that was going on just a short time earlier.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
not a farse, as i said, in one area, the deer will come out after people pass by, and in one area, the cam shows, the deer dont come back in for 3 days after we leave..how would you know if its a farse or not...you have never been here!!!

i have too scared off deer just to have them return within minutes, sometimes an hour.
Where did you buy the cam that shows 360 degree pictures? Cam's are only as good as the person putting it out IMO. If the deer only walk in front of your camera you should have a successful season. Good luck!!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I have to agree with most of the posts. In an area where deer are acustomed to having humans around you should be OK. If the deer in the area weren't actually bumped, they probably just stood still, watched and waited until the 'coast was clear' and presumed their normal activity.
Oh - halfbaked - I too do not believe that the deer will not come back for 3 days. I had the same thing happen as what happened to Stabandslab. Bump a deer in the late morning and sit and wait and he came back via a different route. Did it ever occur to you that the deer may have walked BEHIND the cam or out of range of the cam?
I can believe the 3 day thing to an extent. I went into the woods awhile back to put my camera out. (No one has even walked on this part of the property in probably 2 years, since the guys at camp are all just drunks and hunt a mile from camp at the furthest haha.) But anyways, I went a ways in, found a lot of good sign, and put my camera up. I put it up on a friday afternoon, did not get any pictures until that sunday night. Of course they could've been taking different routes, avoiding the camera, ya know things like that. But i had pictures every day after that for a week and a half. It made me wonder if the deer really weren't comfortable for a few days? Just my experience.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

But by the same token, I put cams up and had pictures of deer, buck included within hours of me putting it up. And I wasn't concerned about scent and put it up after working all day.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
Where did you buy the cam that shows 360 degree pictures? Cam's are only as good as the person putting it out IMO. If the deer only walk in front of your camera you should have a successful season. Good luck!!
well maybe you should come out here and teach me about the land i've been huntin fer 10 years then!!
Old 10-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

well maybe you should come out here and teach me about the land i've been huntin fer 10 years then!!
Calm down, don't get your feelings involved. Good luck this season.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

How do you know it just didn't avoid the camera? I've watched deer walk behind the tree with the camera mounted on it, so if I hadn't been there, I'd have never known the buck was even in the area. Lesson: cameras are good, but never tell the entire story.

edit: Others beat me to the punch (lesson to me...read entire thread before responding! LOL)

Great advice, everyone. Pretty much what I figured (ie. just sit tight) but it's still good getting feedback from other hunters, for reassurance if nothing else.

Last edited by UPHunter08; 10-01-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.