HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Intrusion during prime time
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 10:17 AM
HardwoodHunter
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I have to agree with most of the posts. In an area where deer are acustomed to having humans around you should be OK. If the deer in the area weren't actually bumped, they probably just stood still, watched and waited until the 'coast was clear' and presumed their normal activity.
Oh - halfbaked - I too do not believe that the deer will not come back for 3 days. I had the same thing happen as what happened to Stabandslab. Bump a deer in the late morning and sit and wait and he came back via a different route. Did it ever occur to you that the deer may have walked BEHIND the cam or out of range of the cam?
I can believe the 3 day thing to an extent. I went into the woods awhile back to put my camera out. (No one has even walked on this part of the property in probably 2 years, since the guys at camp are all just drunks and hunt a mile from camp at the furthest haha.) But anyways, I went a ways in, found a lot of good sign, and put my camera up. I put it up on a friday afternoon, did not get any pictures until that sunday night. Of course they could've been taking different routes, avoiding the camera, ya know things like that. But i had pictures every day after that for a week and a half. It made me wonder if the deer really weren't comfortable for a few days? Just my experience.