Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree Lounge!!!

Old 07-11-2003, 11:39 AM

Default Tree Lounge!!!

I was wondering who in the forum has a tree lounge...what are your likes and dislikes and how do you like it????
Old 07-11-2003, 11:46 AM

Default RE: Tree Lounge!!!

I borrowed a freinds of mine to see if I like it and feel asleep in it.The other thing I didnt like is how far out it stuck. But other than that a great and comfortable stand.Probally safest stand out there.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

I owned and hunted from a tree lounge for two years. Loved it, but hated it. It trully is the MOST comfortable stand in the world. Very safe. Never had it slip on a tree no matter what I climbed. When you are all set up...no creeking, or other noises. Did I mention the comfort. Two things made me sell it. It' s a pain in the a$$ to set up and take down. Too many pins and screws. The other thing is that it is pretty noisy climbing with it, and setting it up. The set up is noisy because you are putting steel bolts through steel holes. Can be loud in the morning. Climbing up is loud because you have metal dragging against the tree. It waqs tough to get rid of the comfort. I decided to sell and get a Summit Revolution. It' s almost as comfortable as the tree lounge. Roomy, laid back a little bit, and supports 300 lbs. What I like best it that you can climb very quietly, and set up and take down is a breeze. It' s just a big cord that wraps around the tree and back into the seat. Very easy, even in the dark....not so much with the tree lounge. As for the money. Tree lounge with bow hunting adapter, chill pad, gun holder, and oversized knobs was $318.00. My summit was 299.00. 316 after tax. I actually sold my tree lounge on ebay for $300...two years old, pretty cool. If I were buying a new stand....I would get my summit revolution again. I think it' s a better hunter. Hope I helped.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have used the tree lounge for many years. the new version is much lighter . the bars can be quieted with tape or a smear of black silicon. it is indeed the most comfortable stand i know and is very safe. if you are gonna put many hours in a stand or all day like i do its the only stand to be in. yes you can safely sleep in this thing but what i found is that ever since i got it and i know i can sleep in it i seldom do- i think its pshycological or something. it is tricky to set up and bulky but i can do it in my sleep now.if you can leave it out or locked up you will be better off. you can also get the optional wheels for it and put all your gear in it and cloths and wheel it out to further locations. another item you mite wanna get is the safety shooting rail because it will make you feel safer when standing up on the archery platform. there is another company called DOCS treestands that is a tree lounge with pull pins and some other quicker modifications but i decided to stay with the tree lounge. i have 2 old models and just recently i bought the newer lighter version. they do hold there value just look on ebay so if you decide its not for you im sure you will have no problem selling it at a great price even years down the road. i keep extra knobs in my pack just in case and painted them with a white stripe just in case i drop one in the dark i can see it.i also put markings on the holes so i know how many holes down to put the bars in so its even. i took alot of the guess work out of mine and it is a pleasure to hunt out of!
Old 07-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

I have one and the only time I use it is during muzzle loader season hunting in the delta, otherwise to much of a hassle to carry, setup and take down. As many have said, it is by far the most comfortable stand if you plan on staying in one alllllllllllllll day. Every day use. API.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

Whiskers950,

I have a Doc' s Recliner and a BuckShot Mag and have used my friend' s new Tree Lounge.
These three stands, imo, are the 3 most comfortable climbing stands on the market.
They are kind of heavy but you don' t get something for nothing.
My Recliner weighs 38 lbs with all accessories and my BuckShot Mag weighs 32 lbs. My friend' s Tree Lounge will push 30 lbs or more with accessories despite being lighter weight than in the past.
My favorite of the 3 is the BuckShot.
It is more stable when you stand up for a shot, can be used with your back to the tree like the Recliner and Lounge plus facing the tree unlike the other two.
It is just as comfortable facing away from the tree as the Recliner and Lounge.
But when you set it up facing the tree with the back rest, seat, and upper platform adjusted to the right height. It is the most comfortable climbing stand on the planet!
In this position, it beats the other two hands down for comfort.
It has to be felt to be believed.
Of course, hunting away from the tree give you a few more angles for bowhunting but the facing the tree method is better than it seems.
If you' re not that big a guy, the standard BuckShot will save you a few pounds.
One thing I love about all three stands is that they use metal braces to anchor to the tree and grip it.
No rubber or plastic coated cables or chains to rust or break over time.
You will NEVER have to replace the cables or chains every few years like recommended by the manufacturers of most other stands.
You can' t go wrong with BuckShot, Tree Lounge or Doc' s Recliner stands.
Choose the one that appeals to you.

Sag.

http://www.treelounge.com
http://www.docsrecliner.com
http://www.buckshot-stands.com
Old 07-11-2003, 11:18 PM

I' ve not used one personally, but I was considering buying one, but then I started talking to ppl who have one, and it seems to be always the same story that they stick out way too far, and are very clumsy devices.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:28 PM

I hear a lot about them too. I heard that they are very comfortable, and safe...

But I seen that they are very bulky and take more time to set up than the average stand. I like my viper XLS Summit. Comfortable, quick set-up. Coated cable for quietness...Can' t beat it
Old 07-12-2003, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

the new treelounge is 19 pounds. but as i said before you can trick it out to set up quicker. whats also nice is on those cold days you can bring a sleeping bag with you and laugh at the cold.
Old 07-12-2003, 06:18 PM

Boy a sleeping bag,that does sound nice.I`ll have to get one when mine wears out.I no it well be hard to stay awake even more now.but it does sound nice.