HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tree Lounge!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003, 12:03 PM
justhrowit
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tree Lounge!!!

I owned and hunted from a tree lounge for two years. Loved it, but hated it. It trully is the MOST comfortable stand in the world. Very safe. Never had it slip on a tree no matter what I climbed. When you are all set up...no creeking, or other noises. Did I mention the comfort. Two things made me sell it. It' s a pain in the a$$ to set up and take down. Too many pins and screws. The other thing is that it is pretty noisy climbing with it, and setting it up. The set up is noisy because you are putting steel bolts through steel holes. Can be loud in the morning. Climbing up is loud because you have metal dragging against the tree. It waqs tough to get rid of the comfort. I decided to sell and get a Summit Revolution. It' s almost as comfortable as the tree lounge. Roomy, laid back a little bit, and supports 300 lbs. What I like best it that you can climb very quietly, and set up and take down is a breeze. It' s just a big cord that wraps around the tree and back into the seat. Very easy, even in the dark....not so much with the tree lounge. As for the money. Tree lounge with bow hunting adapter, chill pad, gun holder, and oversized knobs was $318.00. My summit was 299.00. 316 after tax. I actually sold my tree lounge on ebay for $300...two years old, pretty cool. If I were buying a new stand....I would get my summit revolution again. I think it' s a better hunter. Hope I helped.