Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
cabelas lost a customer today >

cabelas lost a customer today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

cabelas lost a customer today

Old 09-28-2010, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default cabelas lost a customer today

well few days ago talked to my lil bro and he wanted to go bow hunting while i was on leave. I said ok he said he needed new camo and his bday is on the way so i got him and me new jackets and bowhunting bibs. Well i got my conformation email and it said that the items were on back order and i wouldnt get them in time for leave. So 15 minuets after the order i call up and talk ith a rep, very nice lady realy wanted to help me when i told her my story bout leave from afganistan and my lil bro wanting to hunt when i was home. So she canceled the order and i gave her the numbers to stuff they had in stock and she put a rush so they would get to my house the day before i got home i thanked her she saved my butt. Then yesterday i got a new email with the new order and half the first order on it and the took out the money for half the first order. So today i didnt have mission i called them up and tryed to straiten it out. The first lady was realy helpful and said she saw where they messed up and was sorry and would send me to finance dept to get me my stuff and get it figured out. The guy i talked to was like "well they told me whats going on and that your on leave from the 5th to the 12th of oct" and what not. He then said "ok send me a check for it all over the phone". I said huh? i was alil confused at that point and told him i didnt get paid till end of the month. He then said "ok well ill hold it for 4 weeks and then send me a check". I said how does thatn help me with leave in a week? You guys admited it was your mistake wht can we do to fix this he didnt even want to waork with me or nothing. Idk i might be wrong and wasnt like i was expecting free stuff but i would figure theyd have me send the stuff that got sent already back and just take the differnece out and send me my order but he wanted nothing to do with that. So then i told him to cancle the order and he said ok without hesitation and 2 sec. later said done and i said ok now what about these bibs you sent by mistake he said "send them back and ill give you store credit" i dont want store credit im not buying anything from you again, i want my money back and was told that isnt how they do it.So i told him id keep them as i didnt want store credit. I dont know now i gotta explain to my bro how he isnt getting the new stuff i ordered him and now i gotta figure somthing out for me to do during leave just wish it went alittle better sorry for the long read.

PFC Connor
181 INF B.co
Old 09-28-2010, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah that sucks. Lots of those big corps costumer service suck. It's like oh well if we lose a costumer we have millions more. Gets me mad all the time. I just had a issue with a cuddeback camera and they said it would take weeks to fix and I would have to pay to have it fixed and pay shipping. Well in the end it was cheaper and lot less of a hassle to just buy a new one. Good luck. Buy some walmart cammo when u get home should tide you over for leave.

What happened with the 2 weeks mid tour leave. They shorten yours up?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the past I have known Cabelas to especially excel at customer service and I always thought that that was what set them apart. However, my last two experiences with them have been mediocre at best. No matter how many customers a business has, it really is stupid to lose any of them over a customer service issue (even though it happens all the time). If I was you (and you had the time), I would call back and try to talk to a decision maker a little further up the latter. Tell him the whole story and see what happens. If you weren't satisfied, I'd send them a copy of this post. Nothing is worse for a company than bad "word of mouth". Hopefully they'll recognize that
Old 09-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah I have been frustrated with cabelas customer service many a time. I try not to buy from them anymore. Sportsman's wearhouse is alot cheaper and their customer service is alot better.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by deernutz
What happened with the 2 weeks mid tour leave. They shorten yours up?

still got 2weeks mid tour coming up in nov this is a seperate leave befor we get to our fob
Old 09-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

sucks, I had a bad few weeks to. I ordered some close two weeks ago and found out the company mistyped my address and had to cancel the charge. Then it took 3 days for me to get my money back. The other place I ordered some from just held my money for 10 days till the preauth went off.

Then I ordered a blind, a lead sled and some targets from cabelas and they sent everything but the lead sled and refunded the money for it and said it was on back order. So I took the money and bought some other stuff to find out 2 days later they had re hit my card and overdrafted it. I guess since it was pre approved the bank had to give them the money. I did end up getting the lead sled though.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ohhh thanks for your service to our country and my god bless you.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

I thought blue tick hunters hated walkers?
Old 09-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

enjoy your leave. I know I couldnt wait til mine came up. Then when it did I didn't want to leave anybody back in Iraq while I went and had fun. Good Luck bowhunting!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by earnabuck
I thought blue tick hunters hated walkers?

actualy the dark side own 2 walkers right now buddy picked up a pup for me friday outa newyork some old blood he used to hunt owell i like any dog that will put one up a tree

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.