Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
First time bowhunting!!! >

First time bowhunting!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First time bowhunting!!!

Old 09-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default First time bowhunting!!!

Well tomorrow is the first time im going bowhunting. me and my hunting buddy are going to load up the camper tonight and head out in the morning for a weekend of bowhunting. cant wait ive been working (putting up stands, cutting down trees for shooting lanes, constructed feeder barrels and put them out also putting food in em, put out cameras...) for the past 2 months and hopefully some of it will payoff this weekend. if not oh well atleast i get to get out in the outdoors have a few beers and some good food with a great friend! wish me luck
Old 09-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

Having a good time in the outdoors with friends, cant beat it!! Unless you kill your first deer with a bow, not to many other feelings like it!!!!!!! good luck
Old 09-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Spike

Sounds like a trip to me. Enjoy now and Good luck.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

well i went out and sat for two evenings and i seen a lot of deer and even took a shot on one but unfortunately the only branch i didnt cut down deflected my arrow and i missed. ive got to say that bow hunting is intense! i wasnt nervous at all before the shot but after the shot when i thought i got my first kill i started shaking pretty good just to find my dissapointment when i got down and seen my arrow had no blood on it. also i have a few good bucks on my cameras and saturday night when i was getting out of my stand and walking back to the truck i spooked 3 bucks out of a plowed field one was an absolute monster and he ran the opposite direction from me but the other 2 ran right for me. one was a spike and the other was a decent 8. they stopped 25 yards in front of me and was bobbing there heads looking at me but i didnt want to shoot either of those bucks so i let em walk. that was a very cool experience!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you had a good time.... Hunting trips like that are a great time, even if you dont get anything....
Old 09-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Spike

You're hooked now! Sounds like a great time. Me, I start this coming Saturday. Good luck to you & your friends for the rest of the season. Be safe...