Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Tree Rats .....do you shoot them ? >

Tree Rats .....do you shoot them ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree Rats .....do you shoot them ?

Old 09-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tree Rats .....do you shoot them ?

Ok I admit it
Every once in a while I the tree rats push my buttons and I need to reduce the population by 1 or more

As last year I had one that would sit on a limb not 5' from me and chatter for ever

After the 4th or 5th morning , I waited till I was ready to leave and used a practice arrow and a blunt to shut it up

Anyone else get pushed pash the tipping point by a tree rat ?

Counting down the hours till Sat AM when I can be out deer hunting

John
Old 09-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot one with a 2" inch rage and nearly cut it in half.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
I shot one with a 2" inch rage and nearly cut it in half.
i thought about doing that today just to see what it would do but didnt wanna have to replace the o ring so i let it live
Old 09-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

if its a slow day, or im jsut antsy i'll shoot at them. or some days when its freezin and i just gotta get up and move. last fall i got seven (yes, i keep count but its FUN!)
Old 09-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

When I get the chance and don't think it will mess up my spot. I carry a judo tipped arrow in my quiver just for that purpose.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:16 AM
Fork Horn

I dunno, I guess they never really bother me. I don't really understand why a lot of guys get worked up over them. You're in the woods, and they're a part of the woods, so might as well enjoy them is the way I figure it. I'd much rather watch and listen to squirrels than hear all of the noise we're surrounded by when we're not hunting (traffic, TVs, people yammering on, etc). Squirrels, bluejays, etc all remind me that at that moment, I'm not surrounded by all of that manmade noise.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:51 AM
Fork Horn

I personally have not but last season I walked over to my father in laws stand and he had a stack of 7 or 8 of them under his ladder, he said they were bothering him and had to go.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:17 AM
Fork Horn

I did once but then realized how fun it was so I had to stop. I only brought one arrow with me and all the while I debated on whether or not to climb down get that arrow and shoot more. The fear of ruining my spot had my starring at that arrow as several chatted at me all day long....
Old 09-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by UPHunter08
I dunno, I guess they never really bother me. I don't really understand why a lot of guys get worked up over them. You're in the woods, and they're a part of the woods, so might as well enjoy them is the way I figure it. I'd much rather watch and listen to squirrels than hear all of the noise we're surrounded by when we're not hunting (traffic, TVs, people yammering on, etc). Squirrels, bluejays, etc all remind me that at that moment, I'm not surrounded by all of that manmade noise.
I like the way you think.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

they can be annoying at times, and attempt to mistake me for a tree limb but I enjoy having them around. As long as they go on about their daily lives so will the deer.

If I must thin the population I wait till after deer season and go back into the woods and pluck a few of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.